KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:46 AM

Ima Slacker and a Degifting

Yes, that is my new name. I have yet to post a pick of my hat FO. This is my first Knit FO of 2009! I am a slacker for sure. I'm already making plans for my next project. Originally I was planning on starting Bijou, but now I might cast on for Stefanie Japel's Textured Circle Shrug first. It's a fairly quick knit and will be a nice throw-on for work (I'm always cold - even in San Diego).



I'm still working on M5662. I just have to gather the bottom bodice and sew it up. I have no idea why I've been so behind on my sewing....hopefully this'll get me back on track.



Since I don't have my hat pic - I'm showing another view of my Butterick 5246 dress. I say "my", because I'm stealing this one away from my Mother. I'm going to make her a longer version of it - 'cause Kwacha needs one, too - I just can't part with it. (She's on a cruise, so she won't read this before her new one is completed.) lol. Anywho - here's a shot of me at the Tao restaurant Valentine's weekend. Every woman there was rocking black and I felt like the color made me stand out - in a good way.

Pics of my hat this weekend.....promise!

13 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

That Butterick dress is so cute on you. I really like the color. I want to make one for my Mother too.

Melodye said...

Love the blue dress. It looks wonderful on you. I just realized you're in San Diego. I'm going to be there for a conference the first week of March. I'm going to have limited time (unless of course I ditch one day - VBG). What's a good yarn shop and a place to get my fabric fix?? It's at the Bahia Resort, but I'll have a car. Thanks in advance, Melodye

Unknown said...

You look fabulous!

Lesalicious said...

We all take a sit back from our hobbies from time to time. I know I do when I am not inspired enough. But, wishing you good luck you will get everything done in time. I know I said it before but, love that dress you did a great job on that. :)

mle said...

Such a cute dress! that is a really good color on you!

Cas... said...

I like your next project. I'm a slacker too but I think that's the nature of our hobbies. I just get to them when I can. There's always something better coming along.

The dress looks good on you. I'm guilty of degifting too! Sometimes it happens. But I think I don't replace the gift like you do! LOL!

Good Luck on your projects.

brandilion said...

The dress is great.

I know why you have been slacking, you have been living and enjoying life outside of the sweatshop a little bit. I think it is great, personally. Oh yeah and you rekindled one of your favorite hobbies, knitting.

Make no apologies and bear in mind there are only so many hours in the day :)

Andrea said...

Work it, Own it!!!!! The dress is beautiful.

Sheila said...

That is a fabulous dress and LoL @ Degifting.

Looking forward to your Hat.

QueenSH said...

The dress is too cute!! I bet your mom isn't a happy camper right about now LOL!

Sarah said...

Ooh, that shrug is gorgeous! I haven't seen that pattern before, so I'm looking forward to seeing your version!

Robin said...

The dress is gorgeous - great color for you too! For me if I don't sew for awhile, it's hard to get back into it - but if I'm consistent about it, I get obsessive and want to sew all the time! I haven't started Bijou either - maybe we'll both be ready to start it at the same time! That would be fun. It would be a good nomination for the next SKC KAL.

Dei said...

I absolutely love your fabric choices. Always so fresh and new. You have these wonderful classic patterns that fit you perfectly, with this hot twist for fabric selection. Well done!