KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:56 AM

FO – Side Slip Cloche Hat



I have finally completed my first knit FO of the year! Yes, it is only a hat, but it’s a step in the right direction. This step has led me to cast on for the Textured Circle Shrug from Stefanie Japel’s Glam Knits book. With the current state of the economy it’s probably wise to use a reasonably priced yarn and let the pattern stand for itself, so I’m opting for CottonEase. While I love the actual green color that is used in her book, I’m working on a cream colored version. This should give me lots of wear possibilities and will be a good addition to my wardrobe.



Side Slip Cloche Hat Stats:
Needles: US Size 6 29” wooden circular
Yarn: 1 ½ skeins of Plymouth Yarn Royal Llama Silk (60% llama/40% silk) – this was from my Secret Pal Swap 10 partner. Yippee!

Overall, this was a good project for on-the-go knitting. I made this hat almost entirely during hockey games and one drive to Vegas! A worthwhile project for sure.

In sewing news – I messed up the top portion of McCall 5662, so I have to re-cut additional fabric for the top portion this evening. Instead of serging the top to the midsection, I’m going to use my Bernina and see if it goes more smoothly than my first go-around. I want this project out of the sweatshop, so I’ll see what I can do after knitting group at Starbucks (yup, now that I’m taking the Intermediate Sewing class on Tuesdays, I can go to the Infinite Knitters group on Mondays). I also want to cut out a pair of pants, since I’m putting my view sewed creations to overdrive with work wear. It’s time to add some to the line-up. I have some great material in my stash, so this will be a good project to work on during my Tuesday class.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great looking hat and I love Stephanie Japel's Glam Knits book. I am going to knit one of the sweaters and love the fact that a lot of the projects can be knitted with the top down construction (less sewing of seams).

Hilary said...

How cute is that hat?! It's so chic! It looks like it's not too warm to wear in sunny San Diego -- hopefully you'll get a lot of use out of it!

Dei said...

That hat is sooooo dang adorable!

Amanda S. said...

Cute hat! I love the circle shrug as well. Currently I'm knitting the bell-sleeved top from that book, but having some problems with the pattern. :(

Sheila said...

Such a gorgeous hat and the color looks great on you.

mle said...

What a fun hat!

Cas... said...

I love the color and the hat. It looks really good on you.

Julia said...

That hat is perfect for you. I love it. I'm impressed! Thanks for stopping by and making a comment on my blog.

Nik said...

This is the first time I've seen someone make the hat. I always wondered how it would look.. It's very cute on you.

Virtuous said...

Such a stylish hat! And can't wait to see your shrug!!

Adrienne said...

VERY CUTE!!!!

Adrienne said...

Very cute!

amanda said...

very cute hat!! I got that book out of the library and really liked that pattern.

Omega said...

Very cute hat, love the color!

Jackie said...

WOW! That is so cute!

Lesalicious said...

Loving the hat so cute. Sorry about your sewing project I hope you next try out on that pattern is a piece of cake good luck.:)