KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:22 PM

FO - Simplicity 4789, New Look 6735 & Burda Magazine Subscription



I have 2 new FOs from this weekend using Simplicity 4789 for straight leg pants and my go-to-pattern New Look 6735 for the top. I had stash fabric from Joann's that I forgot I even had! I was able to make the pants and a top. I am looking forward to trying more pieces from S4789. There are six different options in this wardrobe coordinates builder. I have already started tracing the jacket and I'll certainly make the pants in a slightly thicker knit material.

Here's a picture of me wearing the pants along with the New Look 6735 top pattern. I was surprised how many people commented on my previous post, thinking the top and skirt was actually a dress. Kind of cool! I plan to mix and match the skirt, pants, and tops for four coordinated options with just two outfits.



My first sewing class for the semester starts this week (I had jumped the gun last week thinking it started earlier than it did! lol). I am very excited. Actually - my first issue of BWOF arrived on Saturday. Perfect! I will take the magazine to class and work on projects from the magazine for the entire semester. This should really help me advance my skills and get accustomed to the process. There are at least 15 patterns that I want to make out of this issue alone.

I also plan on casting on for Bijoux at work, before my lunch break ends. Busy busy bee....I'm also cutting the B5035 tunic pattern in an x-lg to make another version. I like the shape of my zebra print tunic, but want it a bit more roomy for a more casual weekend version. I'll have this one completed by tonight or tomorrow, since it is only three seams to make! Speaking of roomy, my roomie is back from her trip to Seattle. Yeah!!! I've missed Brandilion. Glad to have you back, girl!

7 comments:

QueenSH said...

You are going to be busy!! Everytime I start to go over thins in my head that I want to sew, I get all confused!! Too much to do and so little time.

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow!...I am so excited for you! I hope you have allot of fun with your class.

Amanda S. said...

Oh, you will love BWOF!!! I also found quite a few patterns from the February issue that I want to make. Have fun in your class.

Jackie said...

Sounds like you will have so much fun in your class! You are so right about being able to wear my lightweight coat right now! LOL I might get to wear it by March! Thanks for the compliment!

Anonymous said...

Great FOs! I haven't seen the latest issue of BWOF - if there's 15 patterns you want to make from one issue, I think I need to get that issue too. Is it January 2009?

amanda said...

All of your sewing projects are just amazing - so flattering on you and professional looking!!

Hilary said...

Nice!! You must have the best work wardrobe in your office!