KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:45 PM

Kreative Blogger, FO New Look 6856 & Butterick 5260


I have been awarded the Kreativ Blogger award by Elle, Jackie, Lesalicious, and Andrea. Thanks so much for taking the time to even read my blog! While I believe most of the bloggers I visit have been given the well-deserved nomination, I still must give my thanks and appreciation to Robin for all of her creative work. I have been a long-time reader of her blog, when I was knitting my monthly projects. At first, I was upset that there were so many fabric related topics on her blog…..Hah! I kept reading and even became encouraged to try it myself. She always responds to my comments and offers tips on how to succeed. I still love my knitting, even though it has taken a move to the back burner lately, but have been able to open up a whole new area of creativity through this new outlet. Thanks Robin!

I have 3 FOs to show for today, my second version of the New Look 6856 top and a coordinated NL6856 skirt from extra fabric left over from making the top! I also made a modified version of – Butterick 5260 (version C).


Pattern Review - New Look 6856 Skirt & Top:
Pattern Description: Misses' knit tops, skirts, and pants. I made view A, the boat-neck knit top and view C, the shorter skirt.

Pattern Sizing: X-small to Large. I made size Medium for both.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn’t have to look at them. Everything was self explanatory.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This is a great pattern to add to your wardrobe, fast! I just made my first version this week and I already have used it again – adding the knit skirt to my list.

Fabric Used: A polyester/Lycra jersey fabric from Fabric.com called “Jersey Knit Argyle Dots Blue”. I paid $7.00 for the 1.5 yards, which was enough for top and skirt.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is my second time making the top & I will definitely try the longer version of the skirt again, too.

Conclusion: A great wardrobe builder that is comfortable and versatile.




Pattern Review – Butterick 5260 Skirt:

Pattern Description: A-line, pullover tunics A, C or above mid-knee dress B is fitted through the bust, has neckline variations (with or without collar) and below elbow or long sleeves.

Pattern Sizing: Lg, X-LG, XXL. I made the large.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? A little different, due to my modifications.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? A great staple for any wardrobe.

Fabric Used: > A polyester/Lycra jersey fabric from Fabric.com called “Jersey Knit Pandora Plum”. I paid $9.00 for the 1.5 yards.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I shortened the length, made sleeves to the elbows, and tried my first go at using FOE at the neckline instead of the turtleneck.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I will probably make this one again somewhere down the line, without any modifications.

Conclusion: A nice addition to my knit collection.

8 comments:

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow!!! you have been busy. I love the dress and congradulations on your award you deserve it.

Lara said...

I really love that dress! So have you taken any sewing classes? You and Robin are inspiring me to sew. I have a decent machine that has rarely been used but I am not that good at even sewing in a straight line. I probably need to take a class.

Congrats on the award! You have a great blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award, Susan! Well deserved. Your new FOs are stunning!

Cennetta said...

Congrats! You are sewing up a storm! How on earth do you find the time. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! Thank you on the compliments - I really appreciate that. It's been fun seeing how great you're getting at sewing. And I love the matching top and skirt FO - super cute!

Sheila said...

Congratulations on the Kreative Award. The top & skirt looks like a dress and looks great on you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the award! Your new dress is really kickin' it.

Chicago Sarah said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog- now I get to meet you online. :) So I have a bunch of knit fabric that I was going to make into dresses, skirts seems more doable. Thanks for the review!