KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:47 PM

Butterick 5260 Pic


I actually wore my Butterick 5260 top to work today, so I was able to get a quick snap of it before running out the door. I made this the end of January, but haven't really put it on for work like many of the other pieces I've made. It's very comfy and the fabric print is fun, while still being work appropriate. In my previous pattern review I mentioned how I modified the neckline using Fold-Over-Elastic instead of making the cowl neck. This was a Fabric.com fabric find for $9.00.

Tonight I have sewing class and need to get off the computer and cut more fabric (since I didn't do it last night) in preparation.

In knitting news - I am working on my shrug project, which I did manage to bring (and work on) at the Infinite Knitters group last night. Hopefully, I'll have a pic of my McCall's top, if I'm productive in class tonight.

P.S. - Faye's pattern giveaway package has already arrived to my house! I am psyched. Thanks Faye. What a generous gift.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great top! I like your version with the elastic instead of the cowl.

Faye Lewis said...

Very nice top, I like the idea of the fold over elastic.
So glad you got the patterns already. Boy snail mail is getting faster.

Faye Lewis said...

Your top is nice, I like the idea of the fold over elastic. So glad that you got the patterns. Boy, snail mail is getting faster.

Lesalicious said...

Nicely done there. Love that stripe like fabric looks good on you. Great job. Enjoy your sewing class.:)

Ambitious Sewer said...

Beautiful job...love how it looks on you.

Hilary said...

How pretty! I like the fold over elastic at the neckline.

Sheila said...

Great top and looking forward to hearing about your class.

Liana said...

I like your top very much. Great fabric, and the neckline is very nice. You've just been doing lots of neat things lately!

Jackie said...

Love your top! The fabric is very nice!

Jackie said...

Great top! Love the fabric!