KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:35 PM

New Addition to the Family - Evolve


Last night I brought home my new baby - the Baby Lock BLE8W Evolve Wave. I am ecstatic, despite slamming my toe in the door after my purchase (which made it to painful to use my foot on the foot pedal). Robin and Cass offered really good suggestions and after a bit more research I headed to the local Babylock-Janome-Pfaff-Juki-Singer-Consew supplier. After hands-on testing for over an hour, I was hooked on the Evolve Wave. I was able to convert it to a triple cover stitch and then a 4 thread overlock plus chain stitch in mere minutes. I was really debating the two separate machines, but really don’t have room in my place for all of the machines that there are between me and my roommate now.

I’m also happy about the free classes to learn specific techniques. Even though I did go through most of the functions, I’m happy about my 2-hour class on Thursday. I’ll get to take notes and answer questions that will inevitably come up after using it this week. Since I’ve already been using my Singer Serger daily, Paula from Central Sewing Centre is having my first class be the more advanced techniques and then the next class will be the basics class as a refresher.

I know that I’m blabbering away about this, but I am just thrilled about my purchase. There are so many whistles and bells, that I’m going to be in Serger Heaven for a while to come. Even though I won’t be needing the 8 thread capability it’s great to know I have it – just in case. The color-coded “Quick Reference Guide” cheat sheet is a God-send. I’ve always had trouble with knowing the correct width and length to choice for various stitch types. Now I don’t have to be confused – there are color pictures showing how both the right and wrong side of the fabric will look with the particular stitch and the proper settings to make it happen. With all of that said - this foot of mine will be going into an ice bucket after work so I can get to work on SergĂ© Senior this evening!

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Very nice machine, congrats!

Erica Bunker said...

Great machine. I've been debating whether or not to get a machine like this. I had heard negative reviews. Some sewers said they were difficult to convert and not worth the trouble. Glad to hear your positive review! I'll be looking at this one!

Manecoarse said...

Congratulations!!!! I am sooo happy for you. I am currently saving for the Imagine. I've only heard great things about Baby Lock. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Delana said...

Ooooooo I'm jealous! That's the serger I want to get sometime this year.

Cas... said...

I'm very jealous now! Baby Locks are the Bently of the sergers! I want one but I guess I should use my Pfaff more. Great machine!

Congratulations!

Omega said...

Congratulations! I have that machine too and I love it. I'm sure you'll love it too. So far it's always stitches up without any drama and I LOVE how easy it is to thread. I have three sergers and this one's my favorite. Enjoy!

Lisa H. said...

Congradulations! I'm happy for you.Time for a serging marathon.

Hilary said...

Congratulations, and welcome baby serger! :)

Anonymous said...

I have heard GREAT things about that machine - it is supposed to be the creme de la creme of machines. Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! I know you're excited, I'm excited for you. Happy sewing!