KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:08 PM

FO - New Look 6856 Top



I was a busy sewing bee this weekend. I finished hemming and adding elastic to my New Look 6856 pants, made the NL6856 top, cut fabric for two more NL6856 pieces, scrapped an ugly FO (Butterick 4290), and nearly finished a top using a modified version of Butterick 5260. Sewing class starts again this week and I will either go to both Monday and Tuesday courses or pick just one. It's a 18 week course so 4 hours each class is a big time commit already, 8-hours is probably pushing it for me.

Pattern Review

Pattern Description: Misses' knit tops, skirts, and pants. I made view A, the boat-neck knit top.

Pattern Sizing: X-small to Large. I made the medium.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? For the most part. I think the pattern image looked a bit more boat neck, but they didn't have a picture with an actual person.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy. A no brainer pattern that you don't have to do much more than glance at the directions.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? This is a great addition to any wardrobe.

Fabric Used: A poly/Lycra jersey called "Paintball Art Jersey - Burgundy/Amethyst/Black" from Gorgeous Fabrics.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: None.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I highly recommend this pattern. I made the pants for my Sister over Christmas, which she loves. I have already cut fabric for another top (View A, again) and the shorter skirt. I plan on sewing it tonight.

Conclusion: A nice evening project with good results. I was able to use the coverstitch feature on my new Babylock Evolve serger. I was able to convert from overlock to coverstitch in a flash.



The rest of my Bijou yarn came in so I'll be casting on for that project this week, as well. Busy busy little bee.....

11 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Great top! Don't you just love knits and the coverstitch feature?

Lesalicious said...

Yes, you have been a busy bee. Lovig that shirt. You did great. Love the design in that shirt. Great job.:)

Lisa H. said...

You look beautiful in that color.Good choice.You did a good job.Don't you just love knits?

Cas... said...

Great top and pants!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Great job!! I remember liking that fabric on Gorgeous Things' web site.

Did you see we both made the 2008 Best Patterns article over on PR with our FOs?

Hilary said...

you're on fire!! Yet another great outfit.

Unknown said...

Hi, I have nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award. Thanks for blogging and giving me something to enjoy ... smiles.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ambitious Sewer said...

Nice top!!!

Fernanda said...

You knit and sew some wonderful projects. You always make it look easy. Great work!

Cennetta said...

Nice top. I love those no brainer projects that sew up in a flash.