KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:57 AM

FO - Butterick 5246



This is actually another dress that I made for my Mother. I had planned on finishing it for her in Vermont, but I left one sleeve in San Diego! The bright side to that....I got to wear it out to dinner last night. lol. Thank goodness Mothers are generous and have a sharing nature.

Pattern Review
Pattern Description: A-line, pullover dress, mid-knee has bodice front (fitted through the bust), raised front waistline, single-layered tie ends, below elbow sleeves and narrow hems. B: single-layer cowl. C: attached front overlays. I started out making version A and then added the cowl neck collar afterward. The neckline seemed a bit too exposed for my Mother, especially in Vermont.

Pattern Sizing: 8-10-12-14. I made the 14.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I think the gathering in the front is flattering and hides a tummy pretty well. This pic is after dinner at Red Lobster!

Fabric Used: I used 2 1/2 yards of a designer jersey knit called Nemesis Green purchased at Fabric.com for only $4.78/yard. It's a lightweight blend - 96% polyester/4% Lycra.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I serged the entire dress with the exception of the gathering, which I did using my gathering foot on my Bernina. The directions might have called for lining the bodice, which I didn't do.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I think this dress came out very flattering. Since it's actually going to my Mother, I will definitely have to make another one for myself!

Conclusion: This came out a lot nicer than I expected. I think that reading the reviews helped, as it was a good decision to go down one size for a more fitted look.

9 comments:

cidell said...

Ohhhh. I love it. That knit is gorgeous!

Erica Bunker said...

Gorgeous knit and you look fabulous in it! Happy New Year!

Virtuous said...

LUV the dress and you are looking WONDERFUL gurl!!

Wishing you much JOY in the New Year Susan!!

Anonymous said...

She's going to love it!

Manecoarse said...

I love the dress. Great fabric choice.

Lesalicious said...

WOW cute.:)

Sheila said...

Happy New Year! That is a fabulous dress and totally love the print.

Andrea said...

The dress is lovely and the print is gorgeous. I love it, and I know your mom will love it too.

Happy New Year!!!

Ambitious Sewer said...

The dress came out lovely!