KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:08 PM

Bijoux Bullocks & Butterick 5247 FO




So Robin tipped me off on where to get the suggested yarn for part of Bijoux, which ended up being Kyarns in Vermont (where I’m originally from)…I’m not sure if it is because of the popularity of this new pattern, but even though I placed my order the same day Robin gave me the heads-up, there are out of stock in the garnet color. I told them I was willing to wait a month while it is on back-order, but they now have discovered it with be more than a month out in delivery. They have decided not to carry the yarn any longer due to constant delivery problems. I only need 2 skins of Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace Yarn in color 2432 (garnet). Anyone know another spot carrying this color?

In happier news, I have a new FO using a stash pattern – Butterick 5247.

Pattern Review:

Pattern Description: Semi-fitted, pullover tunics A, C or above mid-knee dresses B, D have cowl-like collar, short or long dolman sleeves and belt. Purchased top, pants and belt.

Pattern Sizing: BB(8-10-12-14). I made size 14 and then trimmed it down on the sides.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy. I looked at them once, maybe twice and got rolling.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? The simplicity of the pattern is great, while it is still trendy and stylish. I think my fabric is a bit busy, but will be great for jazzing things up at work. I think the arms could be altered a bit – tapering the spot from the underarm area to above the elbow a bit more.

Fabric Used: “Before You Accuse Me... Slinky - Purples/Gold” from Gorgeous Fabrics. It’s a Acetate/Lycra Knit.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I used my serger for the entire pattern and just slimmed the sides a bit.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes – I plan on trying this one again, with a shortened, shirt length instead. I will also try a knit, plain fabric.

Conclusion: A quickie pattern that can double for both work attire and going out. This will pair great with the McCall 5394 leggings as Erica from Erica B.’s – D.I.Y Style did with her gorgeous rendition of the pattern.

13 comments:

Dei said...

Cute!

Amanda S. said...

What a cute blouse! I love fabric as well. Sorry about the yarn - I have no idea of where you can get more. Ebay?

Cas... said...

Very cute top. You're on a roll!

I don't know about the yarn. I would do a search on the internet.

Good Luck!

Faye Lewis said...

I really like your new top. Congrats on getting an FO from a once UFO.

Unknown said...

I like the way your new top turned out. I've been trying to get this pattern for quite some time, and finally got it tonight. It's always sold out at JoAnn's. I'll keep on the look out for the yarn for you.

Ambitious Sewer said...

The new top looks great!

Lesalicious said...

You did a fab job it looks really nice on you great job.:)

Hilary said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Great top! I actually got the same email from kyarns - so I got the yarn here: http://www.allaboutyarn.net/productGroup.cfm?subcategory_id=29. They still have 7 left in our color.

Lara said...

I love the blouse! Very pretty.

I went to my LYS yesterday to look for the yarn and she didn't have the colors I wanted for Bijoux. The garnet. She is going to order it for me. I am going back in there tomorrow so I can ask her how long it will be and if it is not too long I can always grab the skeins you need, if you don't find it by then, and ship it to you.

Rima said...

Your comment on my sweater at the red sweater KAL led me to your blog (I am at www.yarnydays.com).

Your blouse is amazing...and you look great in it. My sewing skills are in the beginner levels, and I would love to make my own clothes one day.

Cennetta said...

Too Cute, lady. Love, love that fabric.

Kyra said...

Lovely print!