KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:17 PM

Knit This - Sew That (Part Deux)


Orangina - Front Piece


Thanks again to all the peoloe that offered their words of encouragement over the last few weeks. I'm feeling like I'm getting back on track. I've made some more progress on the front of Orangina (be it a bit on the slow side considering I made my first one last year in a matter of 3 weeks). I have also started my first sewing project. Granted, it's a bit sloppy, I love that I've actually taken out my trusty Singer (waiting for the Bernina for my family's next trip to visit me in San Diego) and started making my first skirt. I have managed to cut out the pattern, the fabric, and have sewn everything except the top band with button. I even managed a sloppy zipper. I am extremely happy with the results. I should have pictures in the next couple of days with my first sewing (not counting quilts) FO.

My Sewing Stash is Rapidly Growing


Enough with the rambling. The pics show just a portion of the sewing notions that I've purchased, my current sewing project, and a progress pic of the front of Orangina. About 4 or 5 more inches in the lace pattern and I'm onto the ribbing. I have a cute pants pattern picked to go with the top and hope to have them completed by Labor Day (fingers crossed).

I'm making the first skirt on the top left

11 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

i have a store for dog do u make dog clothes too?

Nice spot u have here, hope u don’t mind the drive by, do chk me out one day

rawdawgbuffalo and if u like what u read, maybe u will come back, even Blog Roll Me

Robin said...

Yay on the skirt! Can't wait to see it - that is a GREAT pattern - I've made that view about 100 times (well, really like four times.) Orangina looks nice too!

Philigry said...

love all the projects you have going on!

Team Knit said...

The Orangina is looking great so far! And your sewing stash is definitely growing- can't wait to see what you whip up!

- Julie

Anonymous said...

That sewing stash looks like it's going to catch up with the knitting stash, lol.

Hilary said...

Congrats on starting on the skirt! I can't wait to see the end result -- I bet it is adorable!

Teresa said...

Love all the sewing stuff! Can't wait to see what you make :)

Sheila said...

Orangina is coming along nicely. Looking forward to the sewing FO. You are really going to enjoy sewing 6843, like Robin I have made it several times...

Andrea said...

Nice sewing stash. I have the barcelona skirt too. After helping a friend cut hers out a few weeks ago, I ran and got one. Which view is your favorite. I really like all 3.

Orangina is coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it finished.

Lu said...

oh...i am so ready to get back into sewing.

Mariss said...

Orangina is looking great! I love the color. And I'm impressed with all of your skirts! I need to get off my butt and make some too.