KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:44 PM

SPQs 6-8 & Rawvolution


Before Raw Food



After Raw Food


I have advanced to THREE secret pal questions at once.
Week # 6
1) What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?

I’m typically a one-at-a-time knitter so I’ll take that along with me while on vacation. I do have a tendency towards delusion, where I’ll anticipate finishing a project while on my trip – so I also will pack my next project as well. This is despite knowing I never even finish my current WIP.

Week # 7
What are your favorite places to knit?

I like to knit at coffee shops, wine bars, & on planes, while travelling. Really anytime there’s waiting I also like to have my project with me. Who wants to wait in line twiddling thumbs?

What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?

I like to have a tape measure, a few stitch markers, scissors, knitting pattern (yup – hate it when I forget to bring my pattern along), and crochet hook. This is usually in my daily packed Guatemala bag I carry around.

Week # 8
What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?

This question comes at the perfect time, since I’m switching things up again for the summer. I’m going back to raw! Here’s a yummy raw recipe or zucchini pasta alfredo:

¾ cup Thai coconut water
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup raw pine nuts
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
6 zucchini, peeled and cut like spaghetti using Spiralizer

Directions: use blender to combine all ingredients except zucchini. Pour over zucchini (once ready to eat) and voila. For the best taste – let the zucchini noodles sit in the open air at room temperature for 6 to 8 hours. (recipe by matt amsden, RAWvolution

So with all that said, yes I am going back to raw food. I looked at my eating diary from last year and realized how happy that regimine made me. Not only have I gained back too much weight (yes I’m still ½ the size of my biggest weight, but still), I am not as happy. When I first went raw, my boyfriend of (6 years) and I broke up soon after. Despite this being a touch time, I really felt good. My skin glowed, my mood wasn’t so heavy laden, and the pounds kept melting off of me. Since my relationship road has been rocky, I think this will put it all into perspective.

As far as crafting goes – I’ve been horrible. I so so so appreciate all of the comments cheering on my new endeavors. Still, I’ve only managed to trace ¾ of the first pattern (with the help of my roommie I might add). I have purchased a TON of fabric, muslin, patterns, and notions. I just need to put it together. To help me get motivated, I am signed up for an all-day sewing class for unfinished sewing objects. Even though this isn’t clothes making, I figure I can find out from the professor when the next session will be. I have an Asian-style lap quilt that I have abandoned for almost three years. I don’t even have a lot left to do to complete this. Perfect for Saturday. In one 8-hour class, I should have my next FO….not to mention more motivation to sew a skirt or top. With my renewed raw food movement, I’m going to need to be able to sew my own stuff, since last time I dropped weight and sizes and couldn’t keep up with the shopping to match. Going from a size 12/14 to a 2 is a lot of adjusting in 4-6 months. While I'm not concerned with getting back down to a 2 again, a loose size 6 would be nice. It’ll be fun to at least be able to sew my own in-between sizes. We’ll see…..

3 comments:

Robin said...

I went through the same stage with the sewing - where I was buying lots of stuff but not producing anything. Don't worry, you'll kick start your mojo and then you'll be unstoppable. The 8 hour class sounds like a great way to do that!!

And wow on the raw food!! If I was single, I'd would SO be doing that. It's difficult for me to eat significantly different from my husband as it causes relationship issues. He does eat sushi, which is great as I love that.

congrats to you on all the weight loss. That is a huge accomplishment to go from a 12/14 to a 2. I haven't seen a 2 since high school (except for one dress I have that I think is sized goofy) and have told myself I'm OK as long as I don't hit double digits.

Anonymous said...

You make ME want to eat raw food, lol! You look fantastic, really. And a size 6 is still small.

Good luck on finishing your projects...you'll probably feel a great sense of accomplishment after you knock those out.

Hilary said...

Wow!!! I mean, you looked great pre-raw food as well, but...dang! I am very impressed by this whole raw food thing.

Can't wait to hear how the sewing class went. What a great idea, to go to a class. I bet that will be a good jump start for your crafty endeavors.