KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:53 PM

Getting on Track


I am a complete crafting dud! I have done zero in this department. Well, not true if you count buying yards and yards of fabric, lurking around knitting blogs, and ravelympics watching on Ravelry. So um.....as I said...NOTHING. Orangina is receiving no love. I have an hour lunch break today and the only thing I'm doing is....well, the aforementioned craft-stalling of course. Orangina is balled up in a crafting bag in my car. I didn't even bother bringing it in with me. What about last Saturday's sewing class you ask? I didn't go. I pulled out my Asian inspired quilt pieces and hated what I'd done so far. Too busy to appreciate the individual fabric designs. Maybe that was the real reason I dumped it 2 1/2 years ago. So how do I get out of this funk? I'm trying, believe me.

Step One: Keep lurking on blogs and perusing Ravelry. I have re-added dumped queues and even picked yarn from my stash to accommodate.

Step Two: Mama motivation. My Sister is planning on visiting me next weekend. My Mother has offered to swap sewing machines. My cheap $100-something Singer for her new BERNINA. Insert squeal here! Gotta love Mamas. She said she just needs something basic to practice on and knows I will really get some use out the Bernina once I get going.

Step Three: Get new patterns. I have purchased a great Vintage pattern from the UK after seeing the gorgeous FO from Meghan McFarlane, the designer of the free Shalom Cardigan. Meghan's project is suppose to be super fast, so that'll be great. The top down, seamless design is a great plus for me, too! I have downloaded and added her design to my queue. Check out her FO of the Hayfield Summer Jumper It's a great looking top and Meghan's is the only project on Ravelry. I think it's sooo fab! Maybe I'll get into vintage knits with this one.

Step Four: Pick new projects to cast-on for to switch things up.In addition to the vintage top and the cardigan I have plans to cast on for the Tube Toporini I frogged a while back. The yarn just wasn't working for me. Since I've had a lot of success with the Zephyr girl patterns and Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, I'm combining the two for a hopefully successful FO.

Step Five: Buy more yarn. Thanks to my Secret Pal from the SP12 swap, I have a gift certificate to Yarn Market. Thank you secret pal! I'll post pics of what I get once I decide!

4 comments:

mle said...

Girl, I am right there with you!!! I think it's the weater. It's just too hot to knit.

Nic said...

Oh if killing time on Ravelry could actually make some thing tangible, I would have knitted a ranch house by now.

Robin said...

Can't wait to see what you make with that new Bernina!

Hilary said...

Buying new yarns and fabrics can do wonders for one's crafty mood, so I think you're going in the right direction! I loooove Meghan's Hayfield Jumper and can't wait to see yours!