KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:17 PM

What Goes Around Comes Around - The Law of Reciprocity

I’ve been going through a bit of turmoil in my personal life these days and things have been a bit tough. While I have always been comfortable in my own skin, it’s never nice to think that people have issues with you, especially when they don’t even know you. I think that it’s often easier to dismiss a person and write them off as an unlikeable person than to realize they are a good person with good intentions. I have been feeling like a bit of a mess these days and am happy to have some local support, which has made all of the difference.

With all of the things I’ve been dealing with, I’m reminded of a few scripture verses:

  • “Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.” (Galatians 6:7-10)

  • ”When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; when we are slandered, we answer kindly.” (1 Corinthians 4:12-13a)

  • ”Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.” (1 Peter 3:8-9)

…Yesterday was my anniversary….I moved to San Diego May 20, 2006. My life has changed so rapidly in the last 2 years – too much to even list. It’s odd to think that I couldn’t have made it through some of my more challenging times if it hadn’t been for the online knitting community. God blesses us with support from a variety of sources. I’m glad He saw fit for this to be my outlet. I have travelled all over the world, but have always lived close to my family. Once you stop travelling and settle down somewhere, being away from your network of love can be tough. I am feeling more settled and have no plans made to uproot my life again. For now, San Diego is where I belong.

12 comments:

shopgirl said...

I'm happy to hear that you've found a place you belong. I'm working on finding that in my new home city (9 months now), and your post gives me hope:)

Debora said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been going through tough times, but you have pulled through before and you can do it again! YOU ARE A STRONG WOMAN! Tell yourself that whenever you are in those tough times and God WILL get you through!

Virtuous said...

Keep feeding on GOD'S word Gurl!

And yeah are right there is just something about the online knitting community that gives you a sense of comfort/closeness!

Glad you are in my e-community! :o)

QueenDBW said...

Happy Anniversary!! Don't stay down; stay in the Word and know that tough times don't last always.

brandilion said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'm so glad to have met you. You are one of the best and coolest people I have met since I moved here and am lucky to have found you!

Cas... said...

Amen!

Anonymous said...

i'm going through something very very similar. hugs!!!

Teresa said...

*sending good feelings your way*
I'm glad to hear that this community has helped you in more than just knitting. You may be a person on the other end of the keyboard, but I've been reading your blog for about a year and a half now, and I truly do wish you happiness and goodness. You can handle whatever it is that's negative in your life. If you ever need a (semi-anonymous) person to spill to, just send me an email.

Susan said...

Thanks everyone. I'm not the typical girly girl, but you are all bringing tears to my eyes. I really do appreciate the support!

Anonymous said...

Amen! I love those verses. And remember that God makes us strong through our weakness.

Hilary said...

This was a wonderful and strong post -- though I'm so sorry to hear that you've been in turmoil. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever, but God *always* takes care of us!

P.S. I tagged you in a meme -- if you want to play along, the opportunity is there. :)

Ilix said...

Thank you for that post. it was something that I really needed to be reminded of today. Hope you are feeling better.