KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:39 AM

Memorial Day and Meme



I had a really nice mini-vacation. I took another trip to Vegas and got to see the Shark Reef. Anyone who knows me well, knows my passion for salt-water fish. I’ve had a salt-water fish tank for the last 15 years! It was beautiful. The fish were enormous and the reef was done really well! Even though I was in Vegas, I actually managed to make some progress on Orangina. I’m still working on a KAL with Brandi, but knew that a cabling project is not a good pick for travel-knitting.



(I actually had a fish like this, named Jack Davis)


After five months with my new guy, we have ended our relationship. There are no tears, as it was just not meant to be for us. I hold no animosity and hope that in time, he and I will be able to remain friends as with my previous relationship. Sometimes two really good people just aren’t so good together.

(Here I am lounging at the Shark Reef)

(A view on the way to the airport to go back home)


I have been tagged for a meme by Hillary at the Yarniad:

"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."

1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
I was just about to start my new job as a Client Services Director for an AIDS Service Organization called Imani Health Institute. This would prove to be a challenging, but very rewarding position; from running HIV support groups for violent offenders incarcerated in prison to client advocacy.

2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
1. Meet with my boss to go over the last 3 weeks of work, while she was visiting one of our manufacturers in China. (She was there during the earthquake, but was not harmed.)
2. Catch up on my blog reading.
3. Make some more progress on Orangina.
4. Pick up my cats from Brandi’s house.
5. Take a hot bath and relax.

3) Snacks I enjoy:
Almonds, grapes, cherries, skittles, laffy taffy, and chewy runts

4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
After taxes and tithes, I would have a trust fund set up for my three nieces and three nephews for their college. I would pay off any family bills, mortgages, etc., buy a place for myself and take a little cruise. While I would take a year off from working, I would then go back to school to get my Law degree, which I have postponed for too long as it is, now.

5) Places I have lived:
I am originally from Philadelphia, but was raised in Burlington Vermont most of my life. Except for one year living in the dorms at Southeaster College in Lakeland Florida at age 17, during my second year of college, I lived in Vermont until I was 31. I have been living in San Diego, now for the last 2 years and counting.

6) Jobs I have had:
McDonald’s – cleaned the bathroom toilets until being promoted to cashier. Worked there for half a year when I was a freshman in high school at age 13. I worked for the Mayor’s Youth Office from age 15 to 17, when I went away to college in Florida. I have worked as a Director of two HIV-related programs including one that was funded from the Centers for Disease Control through a grant that I wrote with my Sister. I am currently the General Manager of a medical supply company that manufactures placebo products for clinical simulation labs.

7) Bloggers I am tagging who you will enjoy getting to know better:
Deb
Canary Knits
Shannon
Robin
Desiree

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about you & your guy (or ex-guy). For whatever reason, I canNOT remain friends with exes, but I hope you two can.

Teresa said...

I'm sorry about the breakup. I think you've got a great outlook on it.

In other news: thanks for the tag - I'm off to complete it now :)

Robin said...

Sorry to hear about the breakup. I think that we learn something from every relationship, whether it lasts or not - sometimes we are meant to learn that thing and move on. Thanks for tagging me for the meme - it will give me something positive to post about tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Orangina is looking good. Truly believe the old saying about a door closing & a window opening - good things coming your way. Thanks for the meme. Mine is up.

Unknown said...

I don't think that bench was meant for sexy pics but hey, you can use that to catch the next guy. :)

Virtuous said...

Luv the fact that you understand sometimes two good people aren't good together. I learned that in my last relationship!!

It was great learning more about you too with the meme! :o)

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear about the breakup, but it seems that you have a positive outlook on it. Always helpful!

I need some time to think about some of the questions.....thanks for the tag!

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear about the breakup, but it seems that you have a positive outlook on it. Always helpful!

I need some time to think about some of the questions.....thanks for the tag!

Lara said...

Orangina is looking great! Maybe seeing yours finished will inspiring me to try it again. I tried when I first started knitting and couldn't handle the lace yet.

I am sorry to hear about your breakup. You have a great attitude about it.

Hilary said...

Hey, thanks for playing along! I'm so impressed by the work you've done (even writing the grant for the one program!). I'm also sorry to hear about your breakup, but it sounds like you're doing well. Your positive attitude is so inspiring!

QueenDBW said...

Sorry, I thought I already posted this.

Sorry about your breakup, but at least you are both being mature and positive!!

Thanks for the tag.