KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:03 PM

Fusion Number Two & Happy Mother's Day!


I have finished my second Fusion. This one is for my Mother. She is an incredible woman that has always been self-sacrificing, loving, and available. She is the Senior Pastor of the Tabernacle of Worship Church and also has a non-profit organization called Hilltop Light Ministries. She has done humanitarian work in North America, South America, Africa, and the latest - India. She has a huge heart that always has room to love. Growing up, there was always a stranger that was living with us, because she found out they didn't have a place to live. While she was born Patrica Ann Cain, when she went to Malawi, Africa and started doing AIDS relief work and started a grass-roots orphanage, she was renamed Kwacha. The name is derived from a nationalist slogan alluding to a 'new dawn of freedom' from the word for 'dawn' in some Bantu languages. She has indeed brought liberation to those she has helped. Kwacha "I Love You. No one could be blessed with a better Mother than you."

As one of her presents, I have made a matching shrug. This one is out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran. Instead of using the silk Ella Rae yarn like the one I made for myself, this wool/cashmere blend will get a little more use in Vermont, with it's fickle weather. As you might see in the photo, it's a little snug on me. My Mom and I are close in size, but she has smaller arms, so I made it one size down from the one I made. I think it'll be a perfect fit!

I'm also finishing up the last of the Three Tams from Knitty. She really liked the one I made for my Sister, so this one is for her. Another FO to come soon.

8 comments:

Anne said...

Moms are the best, and yours is going to love that beautiful shrug!

CaveGurl said...

Your shrug is beautiful. I'm sure your Mom will like receiving so many great FOs! Your Mom sounds like a fantastic woman too!

Team Knit said...

That shrug is spectacular, you did a great job! Your mom sure is lucky! And it sounds like you're pretty lucky too, to have such a great mom.

- Julie

QueenDBW said...

Very sweet. I know your mom will cherish it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, your mom must be an incredible woman.
The shrug is beautiful. What a lovely present for your mom.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet gift. I love that soft color.

Teresa said...

What a beautiful name, and Mother's Day gift!

WandaWoman said...

Both the shrugs are so cute. They look great!