KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:10 PM

Busy Knitting Bee… loooooong post



So I’ve been a busy bee with knitting these days. I have managed to go to the Infinite Knitters Starbucks meet-up for the last 2 weeks in a row and am going this evening. Who-raw!!! I have a quick FO pic that will be re shot soon….my Ella Rae shrug is finished and worn to work, but not quite finished due to running out of yarn. I cast off for the mere joy of an FO…it’s been sooooooooo long, but am having my trusty knitting bud Brandi frog back the entire neckline. I have already placed an order for one more skein of the Shibu in Caramel along with 5 more skeins in the color blue haze. I’m really loving this shrug. The pattern is so easy to remember and the finished piece is a great addition to any warm weather wardrobe, where the temperature can drop just enough to make you wish your back was covered. I’m making one for my Mother for Mother’s day while I wait for my last skein. I had 3 skeins of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran from a previous secret pal swap. I ordered 2 more skeins to make sure I have enough to make it for her, but am loving the texture and feel so far. Here’s some progress pics of both.





Sunday afternoon Brandi and I met with the Ravelry Knit Nutz group to do a little KIP at Balboa Park. Let me tell you – it was a scorcher that day…my car said it was as much as 97°. What was so great, was that we were on the lawn, under some trees, but a fountain. Could it get anymore “picturesque”? Yes, it could – there was a man playing the saxophone nearby…not too loud, just great background music while we sat, knit, ate, and chatted amongst each other. For those in the San Diego area, please feel free to join. Next week we will be meeting at the Living Room in La Jolla at 1:00 pm. This is a nice little spot, which I was first introduced to a year or so ago when I met a Knitters Review member named Gail in person for a little KIP action. Good memories all around.

Today I had a wonderful surprise, I received the most beautiful gifts from my favorite color swap pal Laura from D.C. She is a spoiler indeed. Since I am actually both a quilter and a knitter, Laura spoiled me with both! The package includes a National Cherry Blossom Festival bag filled with:


  • Washington, D.C . – Then and Now book. Perfect for my coffee table! I also love that Laura put little stickies in it sharing her experiences at different locations.
  • Fons & Porters Quilting Magazine – A perfect way to get me back on the quilting wagon, since it’s been a full year!
  • The Quilters Apprentice – a Jennifer Chiaverini book. I am hoping to go away for a little getaway sometime soon and this will be the perfect read.
  • Yarn Harlot’s “Things I Learned from Knitting”. This baby is going with me to Balboa park this weekend!
  • A cute DPN case
  • Notecards
  • Last but not least….(hey – she made me open this one last too! Lol)…7 skeins of Ella Rae Bamboo Silk in plum. The color is GORGEOUS and it feels so luxurious, I can’t stop touching it.

Thank you so much Laura. You are so wonderful! I couldn’t have picked out better myself!



I have a long-over due meme, but will save that for Tuesday or Wednesday, as this post may have dragged on past the normal knitter’s attention span. Plus…I’ve got to look over my blog roll before meeting with the Infinite Knitters myself to catch up. I’ve missed all of you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your shrug is absolutely beautiful as well as that plum stash. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Isn't Ravelry wonderful? I've recently met 2 knitters in my area & we're knitting together regularly too.

Anonymous said...

Hey... I'm off on Sunday and would love to join your knitting group. So 1 pm at the Living Room? Sounds like fun...

Anonymous said...

yay! I'm so glad you liked everything!

Phoebe said...

SEVEN skeins of an awesome yarn in a great color AND the new Yarn Harlot AND knitting groups?! Color me envious!

brandilion said...

What the heck am I doing with that thumb??

I had a good time. You have been so fabulous helping me through things lately. I am very thankful for you!

Teresa said...

Sounds like a great afternoon :)

The shrug is very pretty - great job!
Receiving swap packages is so much fun. It's good to hear you got such an awesome haul.