KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:02 AM

Late FO - Tam A & Cast On Camisole Tube Top



I have finally taken pics of my second Tam from Knitty's Three Tams Projects. I really like the colors on this one better than my first. The problem, however. It's just a tad too small. Bad news for me - good news for my small headed, older sister. Plus - she lives in Vermont and with all of the recent dumpings they've received, it'll come in handy, for sure.



Specs:
Pattern: Three Tams by Angela Sixian Wu

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Dark Grey Mix (less than 1/2 the skein) and Twilleys of Stamford Freedom Spirit in Blue (2/3 skein).

Size: One size fits all

Needles: US 5 (24" circular) and US 4 (16" circular)

Notes: Since I felt the hat could have been a bit more snug on my last version, I went down to a size 5. Unfortunately, I think the second yarn on this one had a slightly smaller gauge. Still, I liked how the yarn changed colors on this one better than my first hat, which failed to show as much of the pattern as this go around. Will I go for Tam C to complete the trilogy? I think it might be in my future, but this time using the suggested Nora Silk Garden yarn for the stranded color work.

I have also cast on for my latest project, the Camisole Tube Sweater by Stefanie Japel of Glamyre Knits. It's coming along quite nicely. I cast on for the xsmall size using a yarn with a larger gauge. There was a lot of complaints of this one coming out too big, so I'm trying to keep a close eye. I'm using US size 4, 6 & 7 on this one to ensure the girls can breathe, but the fit is snug where appropriate. I have 2 repeats of the 8-row pattern and then am onto the 5 1/2 inches of 3 x 3 ribbing. Not bad in only a couple days. I predict a finished FO for Friday! Once that's set, I promise to rekindle my new found love of all things stranded by picking my transparency gloves back up.




I've been queueing like crazy lately. So many projects, so little time. I've actually thought of disciplining myself by choosing projects based on books I've bought, but not knit out of. I have sooo many....if I'm not mistaken, I've only knit out of 4 books. I have at least 20. I recently purchased 3 new books, so we'll see how this works. I don't think my will power is too strong, but its worth a try, right. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the tam! I'm sure your sister won't mind it came out a little small for you.

My queue is insane...but how else am I going to remember all the things I want to knit??

Team Knit said...

Such a cute tam! Great colours, those soft greys and blues. The tub top looks like it's coming along nicely!

- Julie

QueenDBW said...

The tam is cute!! I'm sure your sis will appreciate it. I'm loving the tube top..can't wait to see the final product!!