KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:09 PM

Still Alive and Transition Gloves Cast-On



Just a quick post letting you all know that I survived surgery. Tonsil and adenoid removal in your thirties is quite a different creature than as a kid, believe me. My uvula has been so swollen that I'm only able to do broths and a bit of yogurt here and there. I swear I have a tiny penis hanging from the back of my throat - which is NOT a good thing. lol.

I'm back at work today, taking it slow and trying to catch up on things. I came in briefly on Saturday to dig through the email and snail mail messages, which has helped me in not feeling overwhelmed. I am exhausted, though. Since I'm not legally allowed to drive under the influence of my meds, I had to wait until I got to work to take them, which had me crying on my way in this morning. As soon as I got to work, I popped them in my mouth, but that means I'm stuck plugging away for at least six hours to allow the meds to wear off, so I can drive myself home!

Not much knitting or moving was done during my healing process, just a small start on the transition gloves. I'm really digging it, except that I'm now tinkering back the top portion since I've misread the instructions twice. I think I get what they're saying now, so I should be able to complete the left glove and start on the second by this weekend. A great first color work for sure.



11 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi there! So good to see that the surgery went well. I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

As for the gloves... I'm really digging them too! A nice distraction I'm guessing.

Unknown said...

Oh! So happy and relieved to see you up and around! Yes, I know tonsilectomy is completely different for an adult than a child, and I've been thinking of (and praying for) you every day! So sorry you hadda due w/o meds to get to work, and I nearly cried to hear that you cried your way there. I'm sure you'll be better each day!
Smiles to you!
PS - Love the gloves too! :D

Delana said...

Those gloves are great!

Sorry about the *ahem* penis in your throat. Don't hear that one every day do you LOL! Seriously, don't try to do so much that you wear yourself out. Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Take it easy during your recovery period. I've been also told that. Work can wait until you're better. LOL. I've been knitting up a storm too.

Team Knit said...

Glad to hear that you are in recovery mode! Your transition gloves are gorgeous.

- Julie

Mariss said...

Oooh! I love these mitts, especially the color progression. I also like your fitted knits (my kind of style too ;)

Hope you feel better soon! And thanks for the comment on my gocco print!

Mariss said...

P.S. The tiny penis sounds awful, yet hilarious! Hang in there.

Robin said...

The gloves are looking great! Sorry to hear it hasn't been the easiest time recovering. My co-worker just had the same surgery (plus some work on her nasal passages) and she hasn't been fond of the recovery period either. I will definitely have to share your comment about the tiny penis though - that is gross yet hilarious! Gives new meaning to the phrase "deep throat" (sorry I had to go there.)

Susan said...

Thanks! It has been tough, but at least I have blogging - since talking is not quite on the agenda of enjoyable things these days. And yes...tiny penis is still there hanging out to annoy the hell-o-weez out of me.lol.

Teresa said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend!

Virtuous said...

So great to see you back! Glad you are healing well.

Remember to FORCE yourself to rest!!

Love the transition gloves!