KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:05 PM

Bitten By the Bug...Stranded Color work


I am feeling the color work thing. That's right; I'm now obsessing about something that I use to avoid like the plague. Of course, that was because I had never done it and assumed I would fail miserably. Ms. Tomato changed all of that. I'm still plugging away on my Transition Gloves and have gone out and purchased yarn for the Three Tams project from Knitty. My inspiration...Canary Knits. I'm starting off with Tam B and will go for Tam C if it's a success. I also purchase Euny Jang's Deep V Argyle Vest. Check it out in Ravelry. There's some beautiful FOs. This will be a huge undertaking, so I'm going to go for my gloves and the Tam first. This will also be my first go at steeks. The idea of actually advancing my knitting skills feels good, especially with 11+ years under my belt. It's about time I expand and get out of my comfort zone.

5 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

Oooh, I think I will try one too. I have done stranded knitting before, it's not hard, you can do it! I'm probably only going to make one, though. Now which one...

Monique said...

Hey Susan. Yes I did block. I always block before seaming the pieces together. The back was simply too wide at the top for me. However, I fixed the problem.

Robin said...

That looks like fun! I can't wait to get Mirepoix to the point where I can steek it, as that will be a new technique for me.

Teresa said...

I'm glad you're making one too. It's a terrific pattern. Can't wait to see your FO.

amanda said...

Good for you. I really want to try colorwork, too, but havent found a pattern I want to make yet. Good luck and keep us posted!!