KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:36 AM

FO Three Tams B and More Stranded Knitting





Here is my quickie FO from Knitty - Three Tams, Option B. I have cast-on for Option A already. I will pick up my Transition Gloves as soon as the second tam is complete. It is such a fun and easy project. I chose muted colors on this one, so the entire design is a little less apparent. I love it none-the-less. Here are two quickie pics, but I will have real ones uploaded later. I'm still using the gray yarn as my main color, but a more springy choice for the contrasting color.

Specs:
Pattern: Three Tams by Angela Sixian Wu

Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino in Dark Grey Mix (less than 1/2 the skein) and Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes)in Natural Navy (3/4 skein)

Size: One size fits all

Needles: US 6 (24" circular) and US 4 (16" circular)

Notes: While I tend to knit larger and therefore drop one needle size on all projects, I know my stranded knitting is a bit tighter. I kept the needle sizes that were suggested in the pattern and it fits perfectly. I like the little slouch on the side. It's also not too large where you can't see that I even have hair - the drawbacks of going very short and wanting to wear hats! lol.

18 comments:

Lara said...

Cute Tam! I love it. Fits you perfectly!

Anonymous said...

Very cute tam! I've been searching for a tam pattern for ages & this one looks perfect. And you look adorable in it.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while -- stumbled upon it at some point. I have to say that you look fabulous. Wish I could lose the weight you did. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

The tam is adorable. I love the color work. I wish I was confident enough to try it. I'm glad you're feeling better after your surgery.

urbanknitrix said...

Pretty!! Love the color and fit. NICE.

Phoebe said...

Linked here from Craftster and your tam is super cute. I'm always curious about the tam-does it stay on by itself or do you have to use bobby pins? Also, your transition mitts are freaking fabulous! Can't wait to see that FO!

Susan said...

Thanks everyone. The weight was by switching to a raw food diet. The tam stays on without bobby pins because of the corrugated ribbing that starts off the pattern.

Robin said...

The tam looks great! You look so cute in it. I am the same way about stranded knitting - I get the recommended gauge on it even though I usually drop one needle size on other projects too.

NikkiJ said...

The tams are great. Might I add that you are STILL looking fabulous. Do you have any vegan recipes to share? I'm desperately trying to increase my collection, but it has to taste and look good.

amanda said...

Cute! I like the action-shot :)

QueenDBW said...

Thanks for stopping by...

I love the tam!! Glad you're feeling better and I'm adding you to my list....

Teresa said...

Looks so great! Glad you've started on another one :)

Anonymous said...

I love the tam! It's so cute on you! I can't wait to see the other Spring version. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lovely job! I've made each of these at least once so far, totally hooked on the colorwork too. Did you notice that the crown didn't turn out the same as the design? I had to contact the nice young lady who designed these to find out why. There seems to be an error in the way Knitty edited the pattern. I kinda like the way it swirls...

Susan said...

I did notice that. I like it, too though. Also, my yarn had colors in it that were similar to the base color, so the entire design doesn't stand out as much as other people's tams that chose a more vibrant second color.

ElizBeans said...

that looks SO CUTE on you!!!

Knitwhere said...

Wow that hat looks great on you!

Anonymous said...

My crown came out the same as yours. However, when I looked at her Mini Argyle Beret on line she explained the decrease in better detail

I made Tam A and am now doing C