KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:52 PM

Tomato with Herringbone Pattern


Here is my Tomato progress after completing the herringbone pattern at the small part of my waist (a little below my chest). I really like it. The color is not correct on here - it's much darker. I'll take another once I work the neck edging and sleeve edging. I'm going to work on that tonight, so I won't have any finishing to do once the body is complete. I only have three more days to work on this, but I really think I'll be able to pull it off. It's funny, I was actually making 2 sweaters a month, but during my break-up, I stopped knitting for 3 - 4 months. Still, if I complete Tomato, I will have successfully completed 12 sweaters in 2007. It feels good....BTW - other than a blanket, this is the first real color work knit that I have ever done. I really dig it and will now look out for more multi-colored patterns.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your colorwork is great--I've fallen in love with stranded work, too. I can't believe you've done so many sweaters this year, wow! Good luck on finishing Tomato soon.

Debora said...

It looks great. I can't wait to see it finished!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo, SO pretty! I just love the herringbone (and haven't gotten the nerve to try it myself yet!) 12 sweaters for 2007 should win you an award! :D

Team Knit said...

Looks great so far, I love the herringbone!
- Julie

Anonymous said...

Your Tomato looks great. I can`t wait to see it finished. It is going to look awsome on you.

Virtuous said...

OOh it is all down hill from here!
You finish it up!
Can't wait to see you model it!

Robin said...

Looks great so far!! I thought you were doing 2 sweaters a month for awhile - that makes sense that you are at 12 even after stopping knitting entirely for a while. Glad you're back to knitting!

Unknown said...

I've been reading through your past few posts and I am completely amazed at not only your knitting but also the eating and weight change you've gone through. I just started dating a raw foodie and he's gotten me to thinking about how I eat. Actually, he's just a continuation of the same thought that's been coming my way for some time. I think reading your blog will really prompt me to change some things in this coming year. Thanks for the inspirtion.

Sinéad said...

I love your Tomato! Colourwork is my next challenge, definitely. Well done on 12 sweaters for 2007! That's some total!