KNITTERS-DELIGHT



2:18 PM

Tomato Progress & New Project Purchase


I have now removed the sleeves and am about to join the body to work in the round. I plan on knitting with the main color until just past the bust before doing the design. I'm really excited about how the silver will look with this burgundy colored yarn. The color is a bit deeper than the pic, but might end up looking like this if it ends up bleeding a bit when I soak the cotton yarn.



I was browsing Ravelry and came across a beautiful knit cardigan from the 2005 Vogue Holiday edition. One kick stop on elann.com and two days later I have a new project. I really like the speed that Elann uses to get out their orders. The yarn is Silken Kydd in Pewter. I ordered it on the first day it went on sale. I'm not a fan of knitting in pieces, but will make Lacy Cardigan my exception.

9 comments:

Virtuous said...

Very pretty!

Can't wait to see Tomato form!

Sheila said...

That cardigan is going to be gorgeous. Glad to hear Tomato is progressing.

Robin said...

Tomato is going to be beautiful in those colors, and I admired that pattern on Elann myself. Can't wait to see how nice that one turns out!

Christy said...

That mohair looks luscious. Can't wait to see how it looks!

amanda said...

Hmm...I have some kid silk haze and elann kydd in my stash. That cardi looks like a great pattern for them! Can't wait to see how yours works out.

Anonymous said...

I casted on the same cardigan about two years ago. It is my longest UFO, and I don`t even know why, I really like the pattern. I hope yours will motivate me to finish mine. That color of Silken Kydd is gorgeous. And so is the color of your Tomato.

Anna said...

Oops, that anonymous was me, Anna of Anna`s Flying Needles.

JustMe said...

Wow - that cardigan looks great!

Anonymous said...

That is some pretty yarn. I hadn't seen that pattern yet but I'm going to have to check it out now.