KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:49 AM

Birthday Pics and Weekend Plans

Since moving to San Diego a year and a half ago, I have done a poor job of venturing out. If it wasn't for my GPS system, I would probably not make it to work. None-the-less, there is so much to see and do. As a newly single woman, I am attempting to branch out. I have been 33 for a full week now. What have I done to break out of my shell? San Diego Meet Up. I joined last year and have gone to a few groups here and there, including a Girls Night Out group and a Knitting group. Still, I haven't maximized this opportunity to meet new locals. I can't depend on the friends of my former man forever right??!!!

Well I had a great birthday weekend with food, friends, and drinks...not necessarily in that order! lol. Here's some pics:



Why do I look so happy and radiant? Look at that sushi spread and you tell me!



Back to my ramblings....this Wednesday - after an impromptu hair cut, I went to happy hour with one of the meet-up groups and met a few new friends. Tonight I'm going to Top of the Hyatt for a Black Professionals meet-up, tomorrow evening dinner at Crudo for Sushi meet-up, and Sunday a White Elephant Purse Party for a Girls Only meet-up. Phew - that's more action than I've seen in 6 months! Plus - Gail and I are trying to coordinate a little knitting get together as well.

Here's me with my new do:



Hopefully a more active Susan will continue on in the upcoming New Year...we'll see!

12 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope you have fun!
And, happy belated birthday :)

Susan said...

Thanks!

Robin said...

I think Blogger ate my comment....so hope you don't get this twice.

Sounds like you are on the right track to getting back into circulation! And gotta love the sushi - especially if it makes you look that happy and pretty!

Have a fun weekend!

WandaWoman said...

Good for you for getting out there and being more outgoing. You look great and the new hairstyle is really becoming!

Lara said...

I am so glad you are getting out there, meeting people, and having fun! That is so hard to do! Your new hair cut looks great....and you do look really happy. Good for you!

Team Knit said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! The new hair looks fantastic!!
- Julie

Sheila said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! and yes you definately look radiant... love the new do. Enjoy your Social Fun.

Anonymous said...

You look great! Glad you had a fun birthday & I hope 2008 finds you really active & among new friends.

Jada said...

Cute hair cut!

Anonymous said...

you sound like you're having a blast. You look great and ready to take the world on. I'll give you a call about meeting up for knitting. Next Saturday will be better for me. I have sooo much cleaning and cooking to do before people come over. I can't believe matt invited people w/o telling me. Ugh... he owes me.

Shannon said...

Happy Belated Birthday! You look fantastic!

Virtuous said...

OOh I so need to follow your lead on being more active!

I hate White Elephant exchanges, BUT the purse element brings a different twist! Fun!

Exciting about starting up your own knit group! Good luck with that!

And I am liking your new look! As I told you on Ravelry you are looking fabulous girl!!

Keep living well!!

Happy Belated Birthday!