KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:54 AM

Tomato Project & Diet News

I've been doing the Master Cleanse 10-day detox. Today is day 5. I have lost a total of 7 pounds so far. I have a Tanita body fat scale, so it shows that I have been loosing fat and not muscle. Between my 100+ days of raw food and the master cleanse, I've lost a total of 37 pounds. I have only 8-12 pounds to lose to reach my ultimate goal. Sad thing is, I've been really wanting to get back to working out, but just haven't felt the drive to go. I want to do Bikram yoga, which I typically love as well as a spinning class which give me a nice muscular tone. I have talked with a few friends about the book Eat Right 4 Your Blood Type and so I went to the lab at my Doctor's office and had my blood tested. I'm O+ which is fairly common. It means I can donate blood to any of the + blood types but can only receive blood from other O+s or the rare O- blood types. I've just started reading, but so far it says that I should eat RED MEAT! Uggggh. I like a good steak and all, but come on. No dairy. Avoid Lentils and Kidney Beans - of course my favorite. I really want to give it a try for two weeks before the holidays to see if it does work for me, but as strange as it seems, I'm more nervous about this than going raw. I might be able to go back to raw, which didn't have dairy or my favorite beans either and just keep with a lot of sashimi for the high protein my body needs. I'll keep you all posted. In the meantime - I do feel like I look good at my thinner weight. Even though I suspect the skirt is made bigger, I'm actually wearing a size 2 today. Quite a change from the 14s I had on this summer!

Knitting news....I have cast on for tomato this week and am really digging it. I'm contemplating making the herringbone pattern below the bust like Sandi from Knitting Daily. By having the herringbone design knit below the bust, I can use the contrasting color on the neckline, arm bands, and hem. I took a progress pic, but it's not coming through to my email. I'll add it once it comes through.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... Congrats on the weight loss!

Sheila said...

Congrats on your weight loss. I've managed to go down from a 12 to an 8. I drag myself down to my mini gym 4 days a week - but what I really need to do is focus on my eating habits - I was doing soup everyday - but realized too much sodium was causing my headaches... ugh and being a hypoglycemic is a pain.

stephanie aka scrapandthecity said...

good for you! how is that master cleanse. i've had the book for years and started to get in to it. the lemons in the market look a mess and are so expensive. let me know how it is.

-stephanie

CaveGurl said...

I thought you had lost lots of weight! Way to go!

I started eating raw last summer and only stuck with it until the beginning of the year. Then the chicken, grains, pizzas, etc started creeping back in, including my weight! I really need to get back into it again, I know I felt much better for it.

amanda said...

good for you! congrats on the success.

Robin said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I am the same blood type, and I would have a hard time following that. I'm not a fan of red meat and love dairy and beans like you do. Maybe that's how the diet works - you're supposed to eat things you don't like so you don't eat much of them! Funny how the blood type might have something to do with what you like to/should eat!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous! What made you decide to try the raw diet to loose weight? I need something to jump start my weight loss! Have you been exercising in addition to the diet?

Anonymous said...

I have had great results with the eat right for your type diet. I gained sixty pounds with both my daughters and I used the diet to get back to my normal weight size. The diet primarily consists of a heavy red meat diet for type O's like myself, but chicken and fish are also acceptable proteins and spelt is an excellent alternative to wheat. I say give it a try, you may like it, or get the book and read the logic behind it. Good job on the weight loss, you look good.