KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:20 AM

A Thankful Thanksgiving and New FO





What a wonderful weekend so far! Despite the end of a six year relationship, I have truly remained friends with an important person in my life. Keeping with tradition, Tully and I enjoyed an amazing Thanksgiving with friends at the "Pink House" on Wilbur Street in Pacific Beach. While last year brought over 30 people, this year was just as fabulous with the fifteen or so that gathered together on a warm, sunny day.

Even though I didn't manage to finish Juliet for the festivities, it was great watching the rest of Lost - Season Two in marathon fashion, while finishing my knitting.



Unlike any of the previous Zephyr Girls' patterns, this one was a bit wonky on the sizing. I started with a small and increased to a medium to allow addequate arm room. Unfortunately, I should have decreased back down to a small, or even an x-small. The bottom part looks a bit wonky as the lace portion is too full. You can't reallly tell by the pics, since I'm holding it in in the back. I will either gift this beauty to my mother, or try ripping it back (are you there sweet Brandi? lol) to the gartter stitch portion, where I'll make that a little bit longer, decreasing it to an x-small or small before starting the lace repeats. I will still do the seven and 1/2 pattern repeats for the length.

9 comments:

Virtuous said...

So glad you had a nice holiday!

And the Juliet still looks good on you!

Thanks for the heads up!

WandaWoman said...

I'm glad you're able to maintain a friendship with your ex.

With Juliet, it depends on your preference of course, but I think you should rip back to the garter and make it a bit longer, to under your chest and then work the lace portion a bit longer than you started. You have a long torso, so I think a little longer with the lace pattern would look better.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I was going to get Juliet but after reading your trials and tribulations with it, I'm reconsidering. It is a nice color and looks good while you are holding the extra fabric back, LOL.

Glad to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving too.

Team Knit said...

Looks like such a great Thanksgiving- and good for you for staying friends with an ex. I bet that's still hard sometimes, but it's very grown up of you. Good stuff. And your Juliet is looking lovely!!! Great colour.

- Julie

Anna said...

Your Thanksgiving looks like so much fun.
Your Juliet looks really nice on you even with all the sizing issues. I think it would be worth fixing it. I really love the color, it is very flattering on you.

amanda said...

too bad about Juliet :( I think re-sizing could work, but if you don't love it, i think gifting it is a great alternative.

great capelet in the previous post - hope your sister's voice recovers completely!

Robin said...

That is so nice about being able to stay friends with your ex and his family.

On Juliet - I had the same issue with the arms - I increased for this but should have decreased afterward or otherwise not made as many increases for the lace pattern. I think it's the frog pond for mine as well. This was my least fave ZS pattern and it just was not flattering on my body type.

brandilion said...

Hey, I'll rip up anything you want :)

I do think the pattern is designed to be fuller in the lace part, but that isn't necessarily the most flattering way to wear it.

crochetgurl said...

Hello! I am also a young San Diego knitter who lurks from time to time, but this is my first comment on your posts. I'm working on Juliet at the moment and I was wondering, how much does the lace section stretch? Do you suggest going down a needle size to minimize flare?

Thanks.