KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:35 PM

Sahara is Completed



This is my first completed Wendy Bernard pattern. Even though the pattern is well written, I did have some trouble with the hem and neckline. I am happy with the results though and would even consider making another. I'm also glad that I self beaded the neckline. Even though I would splurge for pre-beaded in the future, I know I can do it on my own and without too much hassle.

I plan on starting another Fitted Knits project, but want to finish my Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan first. I'm right at the bust area. I'm planning on trying to add short-row shaping for the bust here, so I'll start looking online to figure out the placement. I'm keeping my hopes high that it'll work well and I can start adding short-row shaping to more knits, which will cut down on the extra yarn, I use to cover the bust area.

16 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful, Susan! I love the color, and the beadwork looks GREAT!

Virtuous said...

Looks great!

Is that a fire going in the background? :o)

Good luck with the short rows! That will be a great new skill to know on shaping garments.

I only know how to do them if they are already written in a pattern for me!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've done another great sweater!

Your Secret Pal 10

CaveGurl said...

Susan, your Sahara is just beautiful on you! You did such a great job and you did the beading yourself too! Wow! I don't know if I want to tackle this one or not, but yours is just so pretty.

Unknown said...

Susan eres hermosa, TE AMO

OSMAR

Anonymous said...

Nice Sahara. It looks so good and I love the color.

Adrienne said...

Great job!

amanda said...

Looks great! I love short rows now that I know how to do them. They are so versatile and flattering.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! It is good to know that it wasn't too too hard to do the beading, but that you would go with the beaded yarn if doing it again. I only did both SKC knits the time before this one (Eiffel and Wicked.) Hopefully they pick a great one (or ones) now in the nominations - I like the one using the Katia Jamaica yarn.

Let me know if you find a good resource for how to insert short rows in a pattern that doesn't already have them.

brandilion said...

hey that looks fantastic! Another great job!

WandaWoman said...

Good job on Sahara, it looks great!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Your Sahara really looks great!!

Lucy said...

Fantastic Sahara KD - Knitting with beads is something I have never tried!! Congratulations! I just love your cats!!

mle said...

You look fabulous in Sahara! I really love the color you chose too.

Lara said...

Geez, I am behind on blog reading! Your Sahara looks fabulous! The color looks great on you and it is very flattering!

Ashley said...

I like the green color you chose on this beautiful and sexy sahara. I am planing to knit this project as well, but I haven't decided which yarn I'll knit...it's not easy to decide.