KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:27 AM

Look out for the Sea Lions!

What have I been up to? Still working on Sahara. While it's an easy project, the finishing touches has been a nightmare. After completing the bottom lace pattern, and trying it on - it looked wonky. I cut it all off, frogged back a few inches and redid. It is much better, except I bound off a little tighter than I wanted. Next - the sleeve. For whatever reason, it was way too loose. I'm going to try the short sleeve version instead of the sleeveless to see if that helps.

Now for the fun....or not....I went to La Jolla Shores to go kayaking with a friend of mine. Here we are before setting off:



The minute they pushed us off however, I started to FREAK out! I started thinking about sharks...yummy yellow kayaks and the like. Now everyone in San Diego will tell you that there's no sharks, but I didn't feel that way. Plus - my entire childhood, my Sister (2 years older) use to have nightmares that I was eaten by sharks. It never made sense then, since we lived by a lake, but I suddenly flashed back to my childhood and FREAKED. Then came the seals and sea lions who were swimming in between the kayaks. They were really big and rambunctious. I wasn't scared of them - but of what EATS them...yup, sharks. Anywho - here's the reality pic of me once I'm way out on the kayak.



Shortly after this pic, I turned the kayak around and paddled back in to shore.

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

lol, but you had a good time right? lol glad you didn't get eaten by sharks!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time, despite your shark worries.

Your Secret Pal 10

Michelle B said...

My sleeves were a little big too on Sahara...I did the short sleeve version. Once I wore it they seem to lay a little better...or maybe I'm imagining it...

Virtuous said...

Good to see you back!
Hate you didn't have a great experience!

WandaWoman said...

That's so funny about your nightmare on the lake. You looked real serious too in that pic, like you betta get me off this boat.

MrsPurls said...

I hope you had a good time kayaking though! I respect the water and do not go in it often..It looks adventurous though. My husband wants to go White Water Rafting....I don't know about that....

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to give you a complex about the sharks..... i guess just an overly protective sister who's dreams were out of wack. But hey, I don't like to go into salt water past my knees so what can I say? I did kayak in Key West in Feb. and loved it! Since I am surrounded by a lake I think I might do some more kayaking myself this summer. But as for you, STAY OUT OF THE WATER! Thok