KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:15 PM

Sahara Progress - Old FOs, New Pics - New Project



Here's a quick pic of my two-tone shrug with my turtleneck tube vest. Please excuse the wacky pose - it was late at night and I was in a s.i.l.l.y. mood. I think the Fitted Knits book is spectacular. So much so, that I've started casting on for a new project....



Here is my very early start to the Bold and Bulky Mini Cardi. I'm using the leftover Lamb's Pride that I used for the Winter Capelet I made my Sister and stash yarn that I purchased almost two years ago in Vermont. I like how the muted colors work together. I'll have to figure out what buttons I'll go for once I've made decent progress.





Finally, my Sahara progress. I'm digging the texture and the color. I went to the Bonita Knitting store last night for a knitting group. It was really nice. I did see some pre-beaded yarn that has me thinking about whether or not I'll spend the extra cash for it, or do it myself. Even though I'm not much of a multi-project person, I'm feeling pretty good about what I'm working on. I know that I need to pick my NSSC back up, but since the project is on hold in order to do another Wendy Bernard pattern, it's not really cheating...right? lol

9 comments:

Virtuous said...

LOVE your two-tone shrug with your turtleneck tube vest together! Great pieces to have!

I am GETTING this fitted knit book!! ASAP! :oD

Interesting how the Sahara looks like 2 different colors depending on the lighting! Which one would you say is the most true color?

Susan said...

The inside, darker color is the accurate one. It was very bright outside and next to the dark shrubs, it looks lighter.

S

Stephanie said...

what a great idea to match these two pieces. I wish I had thought of that.

Anonymous said...

Just as I thought - those colors match perfectly! You are right about not usually being a multi-project person - usually you make the rest of us ADD knitters look bad with your project monogamy!

Can't wait to see the new Fitted Knits project - I bet that one will go super quick.

Michele said...

Tag you're it! Check out my blog for details.
Michele ;-)

CaveGurl said...

Wow! The shrug and Tube Vest look great together! I was thinking about ordering some Cotton Flamme & after seeing yours I think I will. Your FO's look great!

Lara said...

I love how you paired your shrug with the TTV! I will most likely have to do the same thing now. Both look great!

Anonymous said...

Cute shrug. That Fitted knits book has some great patterns.

:) Secret Pal 10

Teresa said...

The top and shrug look great! Your progress is coming along well too. I like your project choices :)