KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:10 AM

Coffee Swap Package & Sahara Neckline



I have completed the beading work on the neckline for Sahara. I am happy that I did the beading myself. Looking at the close up, you can see that I used several bead in the same color family. I like that it's subtle, but still apparent. I have about 3 more inches on the body before starting the hem. I'm waiting til I complete the body before deciding how much to seam on the neckline. While I plan on adding beads to the sleeves, I'm not sure about the hemline yet. Depends on how many beads I have left and if I think it'll be too much. Here's a picture of the length I have so far:



Last - but certainly not least...I received my Coffee Swap package from my swapee Lia. Look at all of the yummy knit and coffee goodness. Not to mention the carnival edition skittles. I love it all. In addition, the yarn in the bluebell colorway has a label that reads "hand dyed for Susan". This is so cool. I'm very excited. Thanks Lia. I have mailed out your package, so you should receive yours soon.

16 comments:

Lia said...

Glad it got there! I was a little nervous about the new postal rules.

Adrienne said...

Looks good! I "JUST" might try it!

Susan said...

Wow! That's a fantastic package.
yummmmm..Carnival skittles! weeeeee

AND personalized hand dyed yarn??? What a great Pal.

** Love the Sahara too btw ;)

amanda said...

Good work! I plan to do the beads for an upcoming project. After working with Tilli twice, it's just not worth the money.

StarKnits said...

your package is wonderful! the hand dyed yarn is awesome. you deff got spoiled.

AllyB said...

Your Sahara is awesome! Thanks for sharing. It's always so motivating to see the things others can accomplish. It gives me hope for getting a good result from the Sanpoku that I'm knitting now.

Anna said...

Wow. I love your Sahara. It could not look any better even if you did use the Tilli Tomas.

brandilion said...

Been missing you at knitting. The Sahara looks great and awesome job on the beading.

PB next thursday?

WandaWoman said...

Whew, you did a good job on Sahara and the beading, that's awesome. I'm working on the meme now.

Anonymous said...

Tagged! 7 Random things. Need some rules? Read my blog.

Meme misery loves company.

Robin said...

You're definitely an overachiever with that beading! Looks great!

JustMe said...

Sahara looks good!

urbanknitrix said...

I love that pattern, the colors look nice. I love green.

lekkercraft said...

I love the Sahara pattern. I'm impressed with your beading too (I've never quite wrapped my head around how that works - suppose it's easier to try it out sometime). Anyways, it looks great - can't wait to see it all finished!

Delana said...

I love that beaded sweater. The beaded neckline is stunning.

Rain said...

Your Sahara looks beautiful so far. You must have the patience of a saint for all those beads.