KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:16 AM

Ms. Marigold Progress


I am very pleased with my progress on Ms. Marigold. It is moving along nicely. I have mentioned this in past posts, but will restate again...I hate finishing. The beauty of top down pieces for me is the lack of finishing, still there are often stitches that need to be picked up along the neckline and sleeves. For Ms. Marigold, I decided to finish the neckline before proceeding to the body. I prefer to do this so that I have minimal finishing at the end. I will knit another 6" of the 12" left for the body and then finish the armholes. I'm a bit nervous about the ruffle since I'm not a crochet person, but I'm going to relax and just give it a whirl. If that doesn't work, I'll run to my LYS and ask for assistance. Here's my progress so far.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Looks nice! That's a good idea to do the picking up while you're working on that piece - I will try that trick next time. I hate having little stuff to do like that at the end too - I just want to wear the garment and move on!

Adrienne said...

This is looking good!!!

Delana said...

I love the yarn you're using. And, what a great idea to do the finishing before you're finished! I'm like you .... I'll do just about anything not to have to sew a seam :o)

sopranohannah said...

That's a great idea. I definitely agree with you on finishing. I made Ms Marigold a couple of months ago and I thought it was a great pattern too.

Rain said...

That look lovely so far, I really like the subtle variation in the yarn.

Your Orangina is gorgeous too.

MRS MJW said...

The yarn for your Ms Marigold is lovely.

Shannon said...

I noticed in a comment you made on the SKC that you bought the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece on sale for cheap online somewhere? Would you mind sharing where you got it? I've been looking for it on sale and haven't found any yet.

Before I caught up on your blog, I purchased some Debbie Bliss Silk Alpaca for my Ms. Marigold, now I'm worried it won't work for me either.....fingers crossed! I love the stuff you've been making. You do a great job!