KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:33 AM

The Little Things

It's strange how something so insignificant to one is so inspirational to another. As I have managed my transition from the East Coast to the West - nearing my 1 year mark at the end of May, I am still faced with a void. Having travelled extensively, but always living in the same place I managed to gain a small, but close group of friends. While an online community of knitters won't replace that group, it has really helped me during this transition. I came home from work to find that all three of my online yarn orders - which were placed over a week apart from different places - arrived at my door. The word "Yarnapalooza" came to mind and I smiled. Sometimes it just takes the little things...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - my friends in the blogging community have been a great complement to my real life friends! And getting little shipments of yarn always brightens my day too! I think I'm officially done with the "knit from my stash" thing but I did learn to at least moderate my yarn purchases much more as I got out of the habit of buying as often as I was.

Adrienne said...

I too have met wonderful people online!!! Glad you had a good mail day!!

Virtuous said...

Yep I was thrilled to bump into your blog on the wicked KAL! I still need to get with you on what kind of yarn you used on that.

Hopefully we can stay in touch! I have my own blog page now! :o)

Anna said...

I totally agree. Online community made it much easier for me when I moved across the Ocean. Even now it always makes my so happy to find new comments on my blog. And receiving a package full of yarn is always great. Your day must have felt like Christmas with three orders coming on the same day.