KNITTERS-DELIGHT



9:36 AM

Knit Progress



I have finally placed the sleeves on scrap yarn. Hooray for me!!! I think things are looking pretty good so far. I'm happy with the progress on Wendy's pattern, since I haven't finished one of hers yet...I just keep purchasing her patterns. This will help me motivate to actually KNIT the patterns I'm buying from her. I have picked out the buttons for my project, which add a little whimsy to the piece. I was considering some shimmery black square buttons I have, but I decided it might be too much with the orange yarn.

I plan on knitting 4" more of the body and will then pick up the collar stitches so that I can have that part of finishing put to bed. If all goes well, Gail and I will meet this Sunday and she can show me the ropes on the magic loop technique (it seems that my shameless plea for help on my last post was a success. lol).

In other knit news - SKC has picked Sahara and Rusted Root for the upcoming KAL projects. I'm very happy with this and will see what yarn works for what, when my yarn stash comes in from the several online orders I've made in the past week or so. I know that the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece yarn in a Candy Apple color will go for the Rusted Root pattern, since it's the yarn the Zephyr Girls used for the pattern. As far as Sahara goes...we'll just have to see. As always, I'll keep ya posted.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

I really like this pattern. Where is it from???

Susan said...

It's from Wendy Bernard at Knit and Tonic. She has some great patterns!

Anna said...

It looks great in the color. I can`t wait to see the cardi when it is ready. I have been eyeing Wendy`s Something Red for quite a while.

WandaWoman said...

It is a nice pattern. I finished one last year and I really like it. You picked a great color too.