KNITTERS-DELIGHT



8:54 PM

FO McCall's 6559 - Rainbow Maxi and Me-Made Necklace

So I have made this maxi-dress over a dozen times. I have actually lost count the exact number. I don't care, it's been a horrible heat wave in San Diego so I've been living in these happily. This one is my rainbow version that I made last night.  I have made two maxi skirts this weekend as well, but they are already packed for my business trip to AUSTRALIA! I fly out on Friday evening. So - I'm trying to jazz things up for my trip.


I hope to check out fabric/yarn stores and maybe even meet a Brisbane blogger or two, should the opportunity arise (hint, hint...lol). Anyway, with very little time to go, I have plans for 2 more shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and another dress.  Even I'm smart enough to know that won't happen, but at least my sewing mojo seems to be back in full effect.

Oh - in other news, I recently had a sizeable amount of hair chopped bringing me one cut away to fully natural (relaxer free). Now that I have a curly natural cutie, I want her proud of her hair and not to feel like she needs to chemically straighten it to be beautiful. So I'm going lead by example and rock my curls.

11 comments:

SEWN said...

Wow, love that knit!!! Where did you find it? I've been looking to no avail for striped knits in San Diego. Have a safe trip! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Susan said...

National City Swap Meet - that's been my go to place for striped fabric.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Beautiful maxi. TFS

Sue said...

I hope you find some Brisbane sewists to meet up with. I live a couple of hours away and am heading down on Friday for the day, but that is way too early for your visit! Enjoy Australia - it is warming up already so the maxi dress is the right way to go! Love the dress and looking forward to hearing how your trip goes.

Towanda said...

You look great, love the dress

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

fantastic dress and so jealous of your trip to Oz

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Love, love, love the dress! May I ask - are you thinner than before baby? Because you are looking good!

Susan said...

Oh my - you are too kind. I am up 12 pounds but the working out has helped with my shape I think. Thanks! I'll take the compliment though.

L said...

Congrats on going natural. I'm a curly natural, too and it's the best thing ever. Occasionally I will straighten my hair - but the old fashioned way, with a hot comb and a little grease. Enjoy your trip!

Hilary said...

That is a gorgeous maxi dress! The rainbow stripes are awesome. I love it with the little cardi, too! Ack, I want one.

And have a great time on your trip!

Carol said...

Cute dress! I missed your posts! Save travels and enjoy it down under!