KNITTERS-DELIGHT



4:07 PM

Me-Made-May Day 1



Today is the first day of Me-Made-May 2012. Rather than wear one of the two new Renfrews that I have made, I chose to wear a refashioned item. The top was previously a dress, specifically Vogue 1250. First off, I love the many renditions of this dress that are all over the blogosphere. Despite that, my version was never a va-va-voom for me. I made it while I was still nursing my little one and I have lost about 40 pounds since creating and wearing it. I only wore it twice since making it. For my refashion job, I made the dress into a shirt and took several inches off of the sides. I paired it with a store-bought cardigan from Sears and my Simplicity 3566 skirt. I plan on only posting only new FOs here on out. Other outfits will be posted in a weekly collage. Stay tuned....

4 comments:

Lori said...

Great job on the refashion and your skirt is fabulous.

velosews said...

I think the refashioned top is a good idea. You do look good.

Sassy said...

Look forward to seeing your creationds.

L**, Bathtub Fabric Queen said...

Really nice look! I love that skirt!