So my first week of Me-Made-May was all about wearing items that I have already made. Week two was apparently about sewing mojo and making making multiple clothes from favorite patterns (new and old favorites).
Here is the breakdown starting from the top left hand corner:
* My tried and true colorful Simplicity 2594 tie-dye looking print top made in 2009. I am pairing it with my new purple cotton gauze pants made with New Look 6856.
* A tan and black floral maxi dress made using the new favorite pattern - McCall's 6559.
* My colorful striped maxi using McCall's 6559.
* Another Renfrew - this time in a cotton candy colored striped knit fabric. I am pairing it with my new Simplicity 3566 mauve/pink trousers.
* New black cotton gauze pants and purple and gold top both using New Look 6856.
Here are some close ups of the two maxis, which are my favorites items from the week as well as my New Look pants/top combo.
The maxi dress is simply two pieces and can be made in less than an hour. You can't beat having a well-fitting item like that with such a small time commitment. I would caution you on the neckline though. I raised the shoulder straps considerably as well as raised the neckline in order to keep it decent. Not a difficult adjustment, though. Completely worth it.
This New Look pattern is for stretch knits only, but the pants are roomy enough to use a cotton gauze fabric. I felt dressed up enough for work, while enjoying the summer breeziness of the cotton gauze and the comfort of an elastic waistband.
What's next? Well, one more maxi dress to wear to a get together tomorrow and then I'll get back to work on my Colette shorts. They will be perfect for summer....