KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:53 AM

Me-Made-May 2012 Week 1 Review


Week One of Me-Made-May has officially ended and it was very successful for me. I managed to refashion a dress into a top, wear my new Sewaholic Cambie dress, and debut my latest Renfrew. Since this MMM12 is not just about wearing newly made items, I'm working hard to switch things up through styling and how I put together my pieces. So far so good.

Here's the breakdown of my outfits going clockwise starting at bottom left:
* Purple striped Renfrew (Sewaholic Pattern) worn with RTW gray knit skirt.
* Black floral stretch Clover Pants (Colette Pattern) and McCall's 6400 black gauze knit fabric.
* Missoni inspired Mission Maxi (Jamie Christina Pattern) worn with RTW machine knit wrap.
* Vogue 1250 dress serged into a top and Simplicity 3566 crayon colored stretch cotton skirt work with RTW grand-pa sweater.
* Cambie rayon georgette crepe dress (Sewaholic Pattern).
* White knit Butterick 5497 top and McCall's 5497 navy floral knickers.

So that's nine pieces in seven days with refashioned, new, and tried-and-true pieces all mixed together. Not to shabby. Stay tuned....

6 comments:

emily said...

I am loving your version of the Cambie dress especially! Also that bright skirt and the patterned pants :)

Sassy said...

Not too shabby at all. All very nice.

Carol said...

Nice job!!!

Myra said...

Wonderful! You are definitely inspiring!

Megan said...

That striped maxi is gorgeous. Great choice of fabric for that style. Love it :)

Lyric said...

Finally, a woman of colour in the Cambie dress. I tell you I have been scouring the 'Net for about two weeks after learning of this lovely frock. I have NEVER seen a Black woman in it.

You look good.

Cheers,

Lyric