KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:12 PM

Colette Challenge - Spring Moodboard

Colette Spring 2012 Moodboard


Here is my moodboard for Colette's Spring Challenge. I went to LA this weekend with some sewing friends and man did we shop! I have POUNDS of new fabric. Yummy florals, festive stripes, and sumptuous knits for color blocking. Here's to hoping I can manage to make my outfits.

As for the patterns, I am planning on using the Renfrew top by Sewaholic Patterns, the new shorts from Colette Patterns for my white lace inspiration, Valerie's Top by Silhouettes Patterns, the new pencil skirt by Burda, two dresses by Vogue patterns (V1209 & V1102), McCall's 6243 for the color-blocked knit dress, and Simplicity 2659 for the floral shorts. That is a total of 8 pieces. It sounds like a lot, but is very doable. The only pattern that I have to purchase is the pencil skirt and that's a download on the Burdastyle website. I have all of the fabric except for the white lace fabric and I am going to work on that once my Colette shorts pattern arrives. Stay tuned - I have to start washing fabric and cutting out patterns.

5 comments:

Candice said...

I love your moodboard.. Very inspiring.. I am also loving the floral prints and sheath style dresses at the moment..

Heather said...

Love your choice of projects. I definitely need a spring wardrobe pick-me-up.

Trice said...

Cute Moodboard.
You would be amused to know that the border print fabric I picked up is now more spring/summer because all the reds washed out. So now its all yellow and green. D'oh!

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow!!! Great ideas for outfits. I look forward to seeing your vision come to life.

Hilary said...

CUTE. I love your color palette and those shorts are just fabulous. Can't wait to see more!