KNITTERS-DELIGHT



1:37 AM

FO - New Look 6005 Linen Blend Pants & Second Simplicity 2187 Jumper Dress


So my SSS11 (Self-Stitched September) challenge is going well so far. I am trying to not only wear one self-made piece every day, but also try not to duplicate an item during the month. For that reason, I have been adding a few new projects every week. I am still nursing and seem to be picking either separates to make or dresses that have a wrap or crossed neckline. Of course I do have a dress that I cut fabric for that will not be baby approved, but perfect for Mommy on her work trip to Florida next week. Here's to hoping I get to it before I leave on Tuesday.

I made another pair of pants. This time I tried a different pattern. I picked up New Look 6005 at Joann's last week. The fabric is a nice drapey, textural linen blend. I paired it with my first Butterick 5496 top that I made earlier this year. I really love how I looked in this outfit. I felt very modelesque.


Here is my second version of the Simplicity 2187 jumper dress. I added 4 inches to the length to make it more work appropriate. Since this is my second time making it this month, it went together fairly quickly. I had a good time making this one and enjoyed the way it is comfy, yet dressy. Another great work dress that can also do double duty for going out on the town. I have plans to make one more of these dresses. I will probably go down a size though. The first two I made were both a size 14, but I noticed that the second one felt a little loose, even though the fabric is similar. Hopefully the Weight-Watchers is working. lol. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both outfits, but the first one really caught my eye. The colors and the proportions of the pants and shirt are so great on you. Oh yeah, and you look really confident which always adds to how an outfit looks :)

Good luck making the dress and going to FL!

Amanda S. said...

Cute stuff! I especially love the dress paired with the gray accents. Very chic!

Carolyn said...

You look amazing!

toy said...

stunning! keep it up and I'm happy you are doing so while on your diet