KNITTERS-DELIGHT



11:29 AM

Everybody, Everywear - Lace



As part of the Everybody, Everywear monthly challenge, I am wearing lace today. The lace is not me-made, but the rest of the outfit is, so I'm satisfied. The challenge isn't a sewing one anyway, but I like to incorporate me-made items whenever I can.

Lace | Everybody, Everywear

I am wearing my first Butterick 5496 top made out of chiffon fabric. I've paired it with my Vogue 8604 high-waisted skirt. This skirt has not seen too much traffic yet. This is only the second time I've worn it. It is growing on me and might get a tiny update with a more narrow silouhette towards the bottom half.



I'm currently working on a dress using a new Simplicity pattern I picked up. It's white seersucker with a sash and pockets! I hope it works out....stay tuned.

I almost forgot to mention Me-Made-June. I am really enjoying this challenge, even though it does give me a bit of anxiety picking an outfit that is different from the previous week. It is good to get out of a style rut, so it is ultimately helpful. While most of the people doing the challenge post every day, or every few days, I like to compile mine as weekly posts. The collage of weekly outfits gives me a better idea of my overall design choices. It also lets me gauge what works best for my frame by comparing the weekly looks. So despite taking pictures of myself everyday, I like compiling my photos this way. By-the-way, 5 out of 7 of my pictures are self taken using a camera without a tripod, so it's fun getting them to look descent. (My normal photographer is out on maternity leave, so this is what I'm working with. Hello Carol and Andre. Come back soon please. You know how to make me look slimmer than I am. lol).

5 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty outfit. I have enjoyed seeing your June outfits, very inspiring.

velosews said...

This outfit softens your look. Keep this look up your sleeve.

Manecoarse said...

I love that chiffon top. That fabric is really pretty. Was it hard to work with?

Carol Mami! said...

very cute. see you soon.

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

Hi Susan, you are the winner of the Vintage Simplicity sewing book that you entered on my blog, so send me an e-mail and then I will mail that out to you.

Beth
sunnygalstudio@gmail.com