KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:39 PM

Merry Christmas Everyone



Merry Christmas! I have been enjoying my time in Vermont. Everyone should have a white Christmas afterall, right? Well it has been wonderful spending time with my family, especially with the brand new baby, Nilah! Today she turns 4 weeks old today. It was marvelous - the grandparents, the cousins....just tons of present opening, laughter, and love!



Back tracking a bit, I have taken on a new student! Okay, okay - it was just for this Christmas project, but it was great. My Sister's boyfriend Craig has a large brood that totals six. He has been wanting to get into sewing for a while and took the opportunity to get assistance from me while he could. Smart man, eh? Anywho, three sewing machines and a many hours later, he has made fleece pajama pants for his five boys and little girl. Originally, Craig purchased a Singer 6180 from Costco. After 2 1/2 hours working on the first pair of jammies, it died on the pocket. No matter the trouble shooting, it would not stop jamming. Craig promptly returned it and picked up another.....repeat scenario on the 4th pair of bottoms, some 3 or 4 hours into the project....sorry Costco, I'm sure it is a defect on that particular product line, but these jammies need to be completed for Christmas!




Now, with only 20 minutes to go before Joann Fabric's closes, Craig is buying new fabric and a Singer 3116 (I guess my sewing addiction is catching afterall. lol). With all of this commotion, I had to join in and pick up a new project for Nilah Grace (thanks Craig for treating me). Hopefully I'll have it traced and made before New Year's! While perusing sales, I also went to the Wild Side, kissing a happy beast under the mistletoe (conveniently attached to his ear).




Well that's all the news I have. I am now going to get to the next stage of Christmas....DINNER!

Toodles

6 comments:

Monica D said...

Isn't it great when someone else wants to sew, this way no more fabric shopping alone...FIESTA :)

Faye Lewis said...

Wow Susan I didn't know you were still there. How wonderful to be able to spend so much quality time with you family while your baby is so young. Talk about bonding time. And how nice to give that fellow sewing lessions - you've opened up the great big sewing world to him. Merry Christmas to you and your's dear.

Eugenia said...

I am seriously impressed with Craig's sewing - definitely a smart guy!! Well done to you for passing on your sewing skills.

Victoria said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas! Happy 4 weeks to your little cutie!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I wish you were here to teach ME to sew, lol. I can only hope to make jammies one day.

Happy 4-week birthday, baby girl!

Nik said...

How awesome was that?!!! He'll be setting up his own sewing blog in no time.