KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:57 PM

Feelin' Fabulous - Burda 05-2010-105



I really like the latest Burdastyle issue (previously called BWOF). I loved the color choice and styling of dress 105 in the magazine and set out to make my version (sans shopping). FYI - I am on a major fabric/pattern shopping diet. This is really hard for me, but with all of the fabric and patterns stashed all around my house, I need to just be smart about my budget. No sense running out to by massive quantities of new patterns and fabric when I ALREADY have MASSIVE quantities. Ahem. Back to the topic....




I love my new dress. I have pulled out 3 additional pieces of fabric from my stash to make more. This is a comfy, yet classy dress that can be jazzed up or understated, whatever is desired at the time.



I have additional plans for this Burda edition, but have run out of my tracing paper, so I don't know how long it will be before I manage to trace the next dress on my list - 103. Either way, I can occupy my time with multiple 105s. lol. I might even add this to the list of dresses for my Sister-in-Law, which I have been slacking on. We'll see. Either way, I'm feeling Fabulous on this sunny Friday!



P.S. Photos are courtesy of the fabulous Carol from CeCe's Closet. She is always gracious enough to accept the task of a photo shoot during one of our 10 minute work breaks. Gotta love the effort she puts into making me look fabulous! You know that's just photography, right? lol

30 comments:

Tasia said...

Beautiful colour combination, love the teal and olive shades. How awesome of Carol to take your photo, you look gorgeous!
It's a sunny Friday here, too, hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Faye Lewis said...

That is sooo cool, reminds me of the ocean.

Sheryll said...

Oh it looks fabulous on you - love the diagonals!

Victoria said...

So lovely!

Carol Mami! said...

This dress looks great on you Susan.

Sheila said...

Gorgsous dress.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Love the diagonals too - beautiful dress.

Cas... said...

Fabulous choice of material. Love the colors and the diagonals.

As always terrific job! Keep up the good work!

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Love it!!

Lisa said...

Your dress is gorgeous , I ove the diagonals too . You look great !

Lisa said...

Your dress is gorgeous , I ove the diagonals too . You look great !

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Yes CeCe is a great photographer but you as a subject make it easy! You look fabulous.

Erica Bunker said...

You ALWAYS find the best prints! That fabric is just perfect for that design! You look great!

Opal said...

Lovely dress!

lasandrou said...

Your dress is stunning !!! Love the fabric :-)

Linda L said...

Love, love, love, love the fabric. I really like how this dress came out.

cidell said...

Oh, I want to make this. but, I think I'm too hippy. You look stunning.

Lina said...

I just found your blog while searched the pattern review for this dress.
Great job! I will certainly sew it.

Adrienne said...

Gorgeous! Love that print!

Robin said...

Fantastic! This is a "wow" dress for sure and the shape suits you perfectly.

Cennetta said...

Fabulous!! You look great.

Andrea said...

Sorry I'm so late in posting, but I was tied up with PR Philly hee, hee. You totally have to go next year because I want to meet you. I plan on being there if I can, because I had soooooo much fun this year. It was awesome meeting everyone.

So, how'd you make this dress before me. I even have my fabric washed. Your's is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it.

Thanks for the compliment on my jacket. The pockets took the longest, but it was so worth it. I want to make another one. I wore it 3 days straight.

Hilary said...

Cute!! The cool print and colors totally jazz up this dress. Another great piece!

Leslie V said...

That fabric makes that dress fabulous!!!. You wear it well. I saw that Burda dress and I didn't like it in the magazine. But you did it!!! It's beautiful!.

Eliana said...

You're rockin Susan!!! This print can easily look fabulous no matter what time of day! Love your dress!

Rima said...

You look amazing in that dress. Awesome.

amber said...

Fabulous! This is another pattern I had overlooked, but after seeing it made up on you, I'm reconsidering my initial decision. :)

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

You always make me smile! Great colors and fit! Work it girl!

Kisha said...

Your dress and fabric choice is beautiful. I'm a newbie at sewing so labels like Vogue, Burda, BWOF (hope that's right) scares me. But I would love to try my hand at this pattern.

Cennetta said...

Pretty dress. Great photo shoot.