KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:00 PM

FO ....and it's a Knit! Magnum Capelet #2



I finished the Magnum Capelet I mentioned a while back. I really like how it turned out. I could have gone down a size and had it longer, but that's just fine by me. This is the FIRST knit FO of 2010! I am sooooo pleased.



Of course, the extra "happiness moment" for me is that this is one of the patterns from Chicago 1 where I received the amazing $500+ gift package of yarn. I am using that yarn for my latest project, the "Favorite Cardigan" in Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits book. I know the pic looks a little "scrunched", but believe me when I tell you that I like this one a lot, too. I am at the point where I need to add bust darts, so I'm at a slight pause for research to make sure I handle them correct without any "wrap holes".




Where are my sewing projects you ask? Well...I don't have any. lol. I did trace the cover dress from the latest Burda magazine. I am going to do a first run at the top portion to see where I need to add fabric for my chest size to be properly bandaged errr covered. lol. I have a cotton jacquard fabric that will be a great match for it. That's the project for this weekend along with my cardigan.



Oh yeah, I do plan on making a collage of cruise pics, it's just been a crazy week at work. Noted by the 2:30 pm lunch time today.

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

Julia said...

I could use that right now. I'm cold!

gwensews said...

Love your caplet. I crocheted one that I enjoyed wearing. Lots of stitches!

Jada said...

That is so cute!

mle said...

Very cute capelet!
I can't wait to see your Favorite Cardigan finished! I've been eyeing that pattern for a while now. Love the cables!

Aminat said...

Pretty one

Heather said...

the capelet is really nice. better than a shawl as I can see that it won't slip off.

Eliana said...

Suits you perfectly and looks so cozy! I love it :)

Lynneb said...

That's cute. I've always worried about wearing something like that because I'm so broad across my top half, but seeing it on you makes me think it would work. It looks great.

The Knitwit Hues said...

LOVE it! And the fave cardi looks to be a beautiful pattern, so I'll be pleased to see it progress. Though I love your sewing and all the things you make, I'm so happy to see you knitting again 'cause you're such a great knitter you always leave me in awe!