KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:59 PM

2 for the Price of 1 - Simplicity 3566 & 3835



I have completed an outfit! Yes gals and gents, I have another ensemble to bring along for my cruise...which is only 8 days away now! Phew. I am way way behind, but that's just how I roll. Anywho, I am feeling pretty chipper in this thang. How could I not? It's bright as all...I don't know. Let's just say it's pretty bright. I mean this in a good way. I thing I'm a bit on the frumpy side when it comes to RTW clothing colors. Think grays and blacks. This cruise is really putting me in a tropical kind of festive mood and I NEED it.




Now for the specs:

Fabric: A cotton, stretch blend for the skirt. I was at Yardage Town having fabric cut and I saw the customers next to me with this crayola colored fabric. Once they finished, I had 1 1/2 yards cut for me, too. The top is made out of seersucker. This is my first time using this material, which I like for this top.



Patterns: Simplicity 3835, which is a Built by Wendy pattern. My first one of hers to actually make. Another first, an FBA (Full Bust Alteration). Excuse my lack of shyness when I disclose to the world that I am a 32FFF, but it is only to emphasize that you would think I would have done an FBA long ago with that kind of luggage and all of the sewing,(Man my coffee must be kicking in with this post, 'cause I even feel crazy and funny ha ha typing it....)but this is really my first. I did 1 1/4" FBA on each side and could have probably done another 1/4-1/2" on each side, but it is still a nicer fit for me. I will be doing a lot more of these in the future.



The skirt is Simplicity 3566. Very straight forward. One piece cut twice on the bias for the skirt body another pattern piece cut out for the twill tape and a zipper. Voila! Well....I did let it hang over night before hemming it and then used my Nina's special hemmer foot, which is another first. A few weeks back, I purchased The Sewing Machine Attachment Handbook by Charlene Phillips and I'm glad that I did. Even though other reviewers complained about it being geared towards vintage sewing machines, the attachments are still the same. It was exactly what I needed to help me attempt the hem.

That's it folks. I hope to start some pants tonight and another fancy dress for the cruise. FYI....I am knitting on my lunches....capelet update by Tuesday....Promise.

22 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

I love your brightness, I'm ready for some too. You are going to look fantastic on your cruse. I've got to get that machine attachment handbook too.

Faye Lewis said...

P.S. Just looked up that skirt pattern (of course I have it in my stash). Never thought that pattern could produce such a pretty skirt.

Omega said...

I'm lovin' your outfit. The colors are so pretty, perfect for a cruise. Enjoy your cruise. Wish I was going somewhere sunny anywhere without snow.

gwensews said...

You look very festive! Looks like you are ready for the tropics. Jealous while looking out at 12" of snow!

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow!!!! It's amazing how many outfits/garments you have created in such a short period of time. I love all the colors they are vibrant, fun, and exciting. Keep them coming!

Tanya said...

You will be rocking the boat in all the wonderful outfits you've made, I know you're going to have a great time.

Angela said...

Cute~!!! Love the bright colors!

Sew Shy said...

Love this outfit - and your shoes are too cute!

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

Wild skirt! Looks beautiful with that top! You are a sewing MACHINE...I mean you sew a whole lot of beautiful clothes...that didn't come out right.

Eithne said...

I've been reading your blog for a long time but this is my first time commenting- I had to say how fantastic you look in this outfit and all the outfits you've made for your crusie.The colours are amazing on you and the sewing is great too!

Opal said...

I love your outfit.. The colors are so vibrant and looks good on you....

Hilary said...

Just perfect for a cruise. It looks so summery and fun!

Robin said...

Great outfit!! I hope I don't offend you when I say that the fact that you haven't done a FBA speaks volumes about how knits need few pattern adjustments (other than length adjustments.) That is a tiny band size too - mine is 34!

Mikhaela Reid said...

So cute! And I hear you--I am usually a 32E (32/34G now that I'm pregnant) and I have had terrible luck with FBAs but am trying to get the hang of it... I don't just want to wear knit tops ALL the time.

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit!!! Gives me inspiration. What a lovely set of clothes for your cruise, your gonna be the belle of the ball.

Heather said...

what a terrific outfit. Love bright clothing.

ps, yes, no more candles on molten volcano cakes.

Adrienne said...

Love the outfit! you are gonna be stunning!

Sheila said...

The bright colors look great on you.

Eliana said...

Awwwww, I think your outfit is very pretty! I love that! Congrats :)

Kathi said...

Oh, I just love this outfit! The colors are fabulous! You have found some great fabrics for these recent cruise items! Plus, you have paired them with awesome patterns!

Cennetta said...

Cute outfit and pretty shoes.

The Knitwit Hues said...

Like you, I tend toward grey, black, dark greens, etc. and am almost afraid of lots of color ... at least for me. Gotta say, though, this outfit is SO pretty it projects sunshine and warmth! Love it!