KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:40 PM

I'm in a Blue State of Mind - FO Vogue 8511



Here's my latest accomplishment - the Vogue 8511 dress. I really love how this turned out. I used a jeweled, suede fabric in navy blue. I purchased the material and zipper at Discount Fabrics in Normal Heights in San Diego. Including the notions, I paid $15.98.



I had so much fun doing this photo-shoot. It is raining in San Diego - AGAIN! lol. Despite this, I am feeling fierce! With just a belt, sexy pair of boots and some dangling earrings, this dress is ready to hit the clubs. Perfect for my upcoming cruise in February. Knowing the purpose for this dress, I cut 4 inches off the bottom and omitted the back slit. The suede fabric has an attached black fabric on the inside, so I did not line it, either. I am still a newbie to sewing, so there are things I'm not that confident about - princess seams are one of them. This was a cinch using my serger. I plan on doing that for any princess seams in the future. The curve looks just right!



I'll stop rambling. lol. Can you tell I'm pumped! Oh, yeah - I made this is a size 14. Which is 2 to 3 sizes down from previous projects. Yup, the Medifast 5 and 1 plan has been working well for me. I'm down 19 pounds with another 10-19 to go. Not too shabby. According to my Mom - everyone gains 10-15 pounds on these Caribbean cruises, so I'm hoping to loose more than I need so I can just eat to my heart's content for the 7 day trip.

16 comments:

Jackie O. Stitches said...

Very cute!!

Pam said...

I love your pictures - great dress on you - blue it is!!

gwensews said...

Lady Blue--nice dress!

Faye Lewis said...

That is really sharp especially the way you paired it up with the belt and the boots - but that dress would look just as great even if you were bare foot!

narcissaqtpie said...

Cute dress. I love your photo shoots!

NuJoi said...

Very cute. The color looks great on you.

Joyce in NC said...

Work it gurl!! Really cute outfit.

The Knitwit Hues said...

Yeow, girl! This is HOT! I can't remember when I saw you in a dress, and you look FAB! I also can't believe that it cost less than $16 for the fabric and notions. I stopped sewing as it became more expensive than buying ready made, so you're making me wonder....!!

Congrats on the weight loss too! I need to do something -- have ballooned ridiculously over the last year.

Unknown said...

nice job! you are doing a great job on the clothing projects. I am impressed.

Robin said...

Great dress, and congrats on the weight loss! Just so you know, not everyone gains weight on cruises. I've never *lost* weight, but I usually stay the same. There are a lot of healthy food options, which usually offset how much I drink onboard :) LOL

Aminat said...

Rock on girl....Absolutely cute

Angela said...

Cute!! Congrats on the weight loss! You're going to have so much fun on the cruise. My husband and I went on a Caribbean cruise this past summer and I didn't gain any weight. I think it was because we were so active on our excursions we burned all the calories. :)

Addie Marie said...

This is so gorgeous and the style is very flattering. Your fabric choices are ace! Have a great time on your cruise!

Andrea said...

This dress turned out so nice. I have this pattern but haven't worked it up yet.

Hilary said...

This is definitely one of those projects of yours that looks like it was purchased at a designer boutique. Seriously, you are amazing!

Cennetta said...

Yes, Girl, you are fierce in that dress. Love it. Congrats on the medifast. You do have to be careful on caribbean cruises; there is sooooo much food all the time.