KNITTERS-DELIGHT



5:57 PM

FO - Vogue 8597, Blog Under Construction



First things first. I am soooo sorry for all of the ongoing blog changes over the last few days. I am working really hard to add tabs/buttons to help navigate through the many patterns I have now managed to complete. Once I finish, you will be able to read about my latest FO like usual on my main blog, but can then click a tab title if you want to see what else I have made using that pattern company. With that being said - I have used almost 60 different patterns, not including Burda magazines and the times I have done the same piece three or more times.....ahhhhh - please be patient. I think it will even help me get a better understanding of what works for me and what doesn't and maybe will even nudge me closer to my desire of pattern construction.



Now for the good stuff! I have completed a new Vogue top. This has a beautiful cowl neck that is constructed in a way that I have never seen before. It is labeled as "Very Easy Vogue" with only 4 pieces. That didn't mean I wasn't able to flub it up the first time by burning a whole through my initial double knit fabric. lol. Here's my second attempt. It took one "For the Love of Ray J" episode along with part of a "Law and Order".

I surged most of thie project, except for heming the neckline, sleeves, and hem. Of course I could have used the serger and done a coverstitch here as well, but it was just as fast, since my Nina was already out. I think this is a great work wardrobe piece that is also super comfy. I know this will not be the last time I make this one.....



P.S. The Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest has opened for voting...keeping my fingers crossed. lol.

10 comments:

robin said...

Great job on the top - I like the colors and style on you. Your skin looks really nice in the pictures, especially the last one. I have been breaking out (hormonal issues) so I notice good skin lately!!

KID, MD said...

Very nice! I always see patterns on your blog that I want to buy!!

gwensews said...

Ditto! Great color on you.

NuJoi said...

Love the fabric! You pick the coolest prints.

Angela said...

Great top! I just bought this pattern, but was unsure about it. After seeing yours I must make it! :)

The Knitwit Hues said...

Thumbs up! And love the fresh new look to the blog too!

julia said...

Another great top for you!

Amy said...

Very cute - wish I could keep up with you and the clothing! My wardrobe needs help. And I have one thing to say about Ray J - why does he always talk in the fake raspy voice - I can only take so much? Drives me crazy but my husband is addicted to the VH1 shows.

Cennetta said...

Cute. Girl, how do you do it? I'm so behind on everything.

Hilary said...

Awesome top. Love that cowl neck! And the blog is looking good, too...I like how you're organizing things.