KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:25 AM

Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest Completed

Weekend to Work Wardrobe & War of the Wovens




I was able to complete the Pattern Review wardrobe contest by deadline. I am so happy to have participated and completed this project. Unfortunately, I decided to start during the last month of the contest, which cut my work time down to a third. Still, I was able to use 2 tops that I had made in October, since it followed the PR challenge guidelines.

I used this challenge as a way to get better accustomed to woven projects. I have always leaned towards knit fabrics for ease of wear and sewing. Now that I've been doing this for a year and a half, I want to push myself a bit. That means full bust alterations, zippers, and yes - wovens. lol. I really feel good about what I made and am happy that the wardrobe is already getting great use.

My knitting is not going as well - I went down one needle size too many for my Anemoon hat and have to restart. No worries, I'll keep plugging away. Now that the PR competition is completed, I'll try to divide my time between both knitting and sewing....of course I just scheduled my trip for a 7-day Caribbean cruise for February and will need to start sewing my cruise attire....this contest shows me that I only need a month to do it! lol - BTW - if you are feeling my wardrobe, your welcome to vote for me on PatternReview.com.

14 comments:

Sheila said...

Awesome Wardrobe Collection.

gwensews said...

Congratulations on completing your wardrobe. Nice sewing!

Gail said...

Love the way everything works together. Great concept for a comp.

The Knitwit Hues said...

Love it all!

I tried to vote for ya on Pattern Review, but I don't see where! Could you tell where to go on the site in your next post? Thanx!

Adrienne said...

Great job!

Angela said...

Congrats on finishing! You did an awesome job!

NuJoi said...

Congrats on finishing the contest. That was a lot of sewing!

Amy said...

Love the looks and the SHOES! Congratulations and finishing in time!

QueenSH said...

Everything looks fab! Good luck!

Rima said...

So very cool. Congratulations!

Rima said...

So very cool. Congratulations!

Andrea said...

You've did an awesome job on this wardrobe. I love it all.

Alviana said...

congratulation to u too! ur wardrobe look fabulous. i love how bright and lovely it is with some splash of colors. wonderful. and good luck! :)

Cennetta said...

Wow! One month to complete it. I would have never made it! Congratulations Girl. You did a fantastic job. Looking forward to seeing the cruise wardrobe.