KNITTERS-DELIGHT



12:40 PM

So Close I Can Smell It.......

There are several "so close I can smell it" scenarios happening. My Sister is coming to visit tomorrow evening from Vermont! She is coming solo, without her 3 boys - so you can guess that it's a much needed vay-ka for the Special Educator/Mom.

While the Sicilian and I were unable to make it to Los Angeles this weekend (we made two attempts, too!) to pick up fabric, I was able to complete most of my Vogue 1027 dress. Actually, the Sicilian is the one who picked out the fabric for this piece during our last LA fabric shopping trip. It's my first time using sleeve facings, making pockets, and the cutting material on the bias. Since this full skirt is cut on the bias, the directions call for hanging it up for 24 hours before hemming. Being an obedient sewer (this time) I am following the letter of the law - I'll have this puppy finished tonight....in time to wear it to my last day of work before my mini-vacation with my Sis and my sewing class. Yeesssss!!!!! Here's a sneak peak of my dress pre-hemming. I'll be taking pictures twirling in it tomorrow...promise!



I also managed to finish the grant for my Mother. I stayed at work for an extra 5 1/2 hours after it closed every night. Yup, that means I worked from 7:30 to 4:00 for my boss and then worked from 4:00 to 9:30 pm for my Mom. Am I tired! Still, it was so worth it. The grant came out great and was received a day early to the grantees. Keep it in prayer for a quick "YOU'VE BEEN FUNDED Award letter".

I am also almost finished with my black and white skirt from last week. I haven't worked on it since last Tuesday, but will finish the waistband this evening. After all - I'll need something to do in between laundry, grocery shopping, and cleaning up before my Sisters arrival.....

....I almost forgot. Now that my dress is basically complete, I am starting to work on my niece's prom dress. I am currently on lunch and am about to trace the Simplicity dress on drawing paper. I'll make a muslin for her in the next few days and send it to her, so she can tell me where I'll need to make adjustments. The material is suppose to arrive in the next couple of days, so I need to get a move on!

Sis pics and FO pics to come!!!!!

6 comments:

Ambitious Sewer said...

Wow...your one busy woman... how many garments have you done within the last 6 months?...and a dress done and now working on making another one...your amazing ...congradulations with the grant...praying all goes well...

gwensews said...

Congratulations on getting the grant for your mother, and finishing the dress. That fabric is outstanding!

Faye Lewis said...

You are a very busy lady. Your dress is going to be FAB!

Jillian said...

I just finished V1027 and I love it! Can't wait to see your finished version.

Hilary said...

That dress is going to look awesome on you - I can already tell!

Team Knit said...

the dress is going to be awesome, can't wait to see the pictures! I'll keep my fingers crossed for your mom, and enjoy the visit with your sister!!

- Julie