KNITTERS-DELIGHT



3:45 PM

FO - New Look 6735


I have actually completed three FOs, but will take some additional pics later this weekend, after completing another pattern I've been working on this weekend. Here is the top and bottom from New Looks Pattern 6735. They are both made out of stretchy knit fabric purchased at Joann Fabrics during their HUGE sale. I am really working hard on adding comfortable, yet business casual pieces to wear to work.


For the second "photo shoot" in a row, I found San Diego to be a bit more chilly than desire, but it was still great taking snaps throughout the downtown area.



Both pieces were done almost entirely with my serger with the exception of the hem and part of the neckline. In order to take it to the next level in skills, I have ordered three books on serging; one for trouble shooting, one for my Singers, and the last one for designs.



I have already gotten a lot of use out of my new pieces. I have worn them to work and also lounging around the house. They are super comfortable and don't wrinkle when balled up in my laundry basket! A great bonus for the last-minute working woman. I am now working on a very popular pattern top that seems to be very promising. I'm hoping that my new gathering attachments with help with the midriff band. We'll see!

15 comments:

Sheila said...

What a Great ensemble and you take the Awesome photos.

Unknown said...

You are doing great with the sewing. And you have a fabulous eye for picking out fabric. As always, you are an inspiration.

jillian said...

Your new top looks great on you! You can wear prints so well. Love the glamour shots!

Cas... said...

You're working the glamour shots!

Your ensemble is super cute. Love the colors!

Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

love it! i need to learn how to sew.

Lara said...

gorgeous outfit! love the pics too!

Shannon said...

Fabulous! I love that print.

Robin said...

Great job, Susan!! I saw that knit at JoAnn's and love it. It works very well for the simple style and also the colors are good for you. Can't wait to see your other FOs! Isn't it great how fast you can pile up the FOs when you sew? It doesn't replace knitting by any means, but it does help with the wardrobe enhancement!!

Adrienne said...

WORK IT GIRL! Love it!

amanda said...

amazing!! you rock those photos.

Jackie said...

Hi, I just discovered your blog! I like everything you have on! LOL

Shanta Hayes said...

That top ROCKS!, I love it. I am definitely going to have to try to find that material. And you look like a SUPASTAR

Faye Lewis said...

Really great looking knit wear-great pictures too.

Cennetta said...

Work it, Mama! Fantastic photos beautifully sewn top!

RobinH said...

Great professional outfit! Did you deliberately orient the print to come out that way? It looks fabulous.