KNITTERS-DELIGHT



6:25 AM

Knit & Sew Updates

I am still alive and kicking. My roommie returned from a very long cruise for work. We've been playing catch-up and discussing crafty things. She and I have signed up for a new sewing class - "making customized bras". Very cool. I ordered my pattern and am excited to get started.

I made a dress that I absolutely adore, minus the part where it doesn't fit. It be a great fit on my Sister so she'll be a happy camper. I just have to serge the bottom hem and I'm finished. Pics to come soon.

I made curtains for a certain man in my life that will be nameless. Sometimes it's very helpful blogging about personal life, but other times it just causes drama and I'm not ready for any of that right now. At any rate, my guy bought the Singer Serger for me as a "just because" gift. Unfortunately the tension was all out of wack, so I returned it and got another one - same model, just another one. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be serging like mad in no time.

Since I haven't been feeling too much knitting love these days, I have made a few purchases: Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard and Little Miss Muffet by the Zephyr Girls. I plan on making this baby cardi for my goddaughter whose birthday is this week. It will get to her a little late, but I'll add some extra goodies to make up for that.

I'm still plugging away during my fundamentals sewing class and am currently copying my pattern for a kimono jacket. I'm hoping to have the fabric cut and serged by tonight or tomorrow. I'll keep you all posted.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Totally LOVE Custom Knits - IMO it's the knitting book of the year. Also, have you checked out the SKC Q4 selections? They are all FAB.

Cas... said...

You're very lucky to get a serger as a gift!

Good Luck with your sewing! I can't wait to see your other projects.

Sheila said...

Congrats on your serger!

Anonymous said...

That was a nice "just because" gift! Even if you had to exchange it. Sounds like you're going to be very crafty.