KNITTERS-DELIGHT



10:30 PM

FO - Orangina



It's about time! I have taken way too long working on Orangina. Even though this was my second time making this top, it just would not go by quickly. Of course I did stop working on this project to create the Back to School Vest and create two skirts...still this was a looming weight on my knitting shoulders. I am going to re block it, now that it is seamed to gain a bit more length on the bottom and to even out the ribbing. I think this came out fairly nice and will get a bit of wear here and there.



Stats:

Size - This top came out way too big my first go around, so I actually made the X-Small for the front and decreased an additional 18 stitches for the back. I also made the lace portion longer than the pattern called for.

Yarn - I actually used the suggested yarn which was Rowan's 4-ply cotton. My purple version was made using wool. Not a smart choice for San Diego.

Needles - US 4

Additional Modifications - I seamed the top a bit more to keep the scallops tighter and to avoid a loose neckline.

Changes - After I re block this top, I'll see whether or not I want to add an inch or two more on the bottom. Since cotton tends to stretch with wear, I think I might just keep this as is for longer wear.

17 comments:

Kelli said...

Cute top.
Fierce modeling. ~ksp

Cas... said...

Cute sweater! Love your posing! You are rockin' it!

Anonymous said...

it looks great!! you should be very proud of yourself!

Team Knit said...

Looks awesome!! Congrats!!

- Julie

Hilary said...

So cute! It's perfect with a skirt (as you're wearing it), and I can see it with jeans and a wrap, or your new long skirt and boots -- the opportunities are endless!

brandilion said...

Hey lady! I have had internet problems and only now got to catch up on your blog. I love the two skirts and Orangina came out great.

Only 3 more weeks!

Robin said...

Super cute! It really looks great on you.

Virtuous said...

It came out great!! Likin' the black too!

Perfect for your nice SAN weather!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I love Rowan 4-ply too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your Orangina looks amazing on you. GREAT job!

amanda said...

Looks lovely!! glad you got it finished!!

Lara said...

Lovely! It fits you perfectly and is very flattering. Great job!

KimT said...

Looks fantastic!

juicyknits said...

You've been tagged!

Andrea said...

Go ahead with ya sexy self. Very cute!!

Sheila said...

You did a fabulous job on Orangina.

Cennetta said...

Beautifully made.